AdviceRecipes

Cream of Whatever

I am 46, work full time and have just returned to college, so time is a squeeze for me. Here is a quick, tasty soup I came up with.

"Cream of Whatever"

I saute a large onion in butter 'til translucent, Blend a can of whatever vegetable I think sounds good at the time juice and all, sometimes I use steamed veggies and puree' with chicken broth, add to pan with onion and heat through, add real whipping cream, occasionally I'll even whip it first, add salt, pepper, garlic or other seasonings to taste and I have supper when I add fresh greens and rolls. It is versatile, real quick and always hits the spot. Squash and pumpkin are wonderful this way.

By Jodi