Smell on a Countertop - Categories:

KitchenCleaning

Smell on a Countertop

My counter tops smell. I'm 15 and I asked my parents how to get rid of it and they couldn't smell it! But I can. If you bend down and sniff the counter tops the stench is right there and its only in one area. Mainly were we keep the flowers. I think it might be a left over smell from the flowers but no matter what I use to clean the counters it never goes away. Help please!

Kristalyn

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Have your parents get a bottle of CLOROX DISINFECTING KITCHEN CLEANER.

It doesn't smell like the bleach, but has a nice fresh scent to it. I use it on my counter tops daily.

Try using a lemon, cut in half and rubbed in the spot.

Is it something you can smell if you are just standing in the kitchen or only if you put your nose to the countertop? I guess I wouldn't worry about it if it's not too strong. I mean if you only smell when putting your nose right on top of it. Maybe some baking soda sprinkled on it would help....first wet the area and then sprinkle the baking soda and let set a while.

First I would like to say you go girl you are 15 and care about the smell of a counter. I second the baking soda idea. Let it sit on it if that does not work try a little water and make a paste let sit for a little while.

Pour white vinegar on the area that smells then sprinkle some baking soda over that.....let sit for about 1/2 hr to 1 hour and the smell should be gone

I second the motion with the vinegar and if that doesn't work try the lemon. I love to smell lemons anyway.

YOU are a smart girl and I am sure your parents are extremely proud of you.

Be careful adding vinegar to baking soda, because it bubbles and pops as gas is released. It also etches the countertop in a couple of ways, chemically (vinegar is acidic, so will dissolve some of the surface material) and mechanically with those popping bubbles. Baking soda by itself or with water is mild enough to do only minimal damage, but in combination with an acid like vinegar or lemon juice it is destructive. Could permanently change shiny to dull. Do not do this at home!

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenJune 1, 2007
Kitchen Countertop
Kitchen Countertop Color Advice
Gorilla Glue
Removing Gorilla Glue from a Countertop
Buying a Marble Countertop
Buying a Marble Countertop
Kitchen Countertop
Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 19, 2016 at 8:32:09 AM on 10.0.2.110 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.