Installing a Curtain Rod

I am looking for simple instructions on how to install a curtain rod in the living room. I like the decorative wood rods with brackets on each end and you lay the rod in the brackets once installed. Will I need an electric drill?

By Onesummer

I used an electric drill when I installed my brackets.

You don't have to use an electrical drill, but it sure does help. If you don't have access to, or a friend who can lend you a drill, use a hammer and a nail that is smaller than the hole you need: Tap in the smaller opening with a smaller nail, then remove that nail and finally, use your body strength to screw in the bracket screws as necessary.

Seriously, if you don't think you can do so, find a friend to help you. Nothing worse than a badly attached curtain rod dropping your curtains when you least want to deal with such!

Do a bit more internet research on this and be nice to the folks that work at the hardware store who can guide you, and things will probably go well. After all, it's not rocket science: Just sanity insurance! Good luck. :-)

I made several wooden blocks that I used as a measuring guide so the brackets were the same measurements out and up from the moldings. I used an electric drill as it is easier to drill into wood that is under the sheet rock and easier to use the drill with a attachment to screw in the screw. Why use all the body strenght when a drill makes it so much easier and simpler.

Curtain Rod
Installing a Curtain Rod
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsJanuary 11, 2011
Metal Door
Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
Curtain Rod
Making Your Own Curtain Rods
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Installing Tile
Installing Tile
🎄