Making an Old Window Coffee Table

Repurpose an old window and make a unique coffee table. This is a guide about making an old window coffee table.

August 23, 2011 Flag

I saw a "window table" while I was driving by a yard sale. I found it to be interesting. I don't know how useful it would be other than for decoration. The flat part of the table was an old window with multiple panes in it. The legs were four patio columns which were affixed to the window.

I have some windows I am going to do this with, but I might just use regular lumber for the four legs. I looked at the prices at Lowes for these wooden patio columns, and I would not pay over $100 for four patio columns to do this project, but I am going to tweak it and use something else for the legs of the table.

By Robin F. from TN

Top Comment

I saw a similar table at a craft store and fell in love with the idea. My thought about less expensive legs is to check yard sales and second hand stores for old tables or chairs with interesting legs and recycle them for this project. Good luck! Donna

May 9, 2006 Flag

Here is a photo of a coffee table I made out of a window. I left the panes in, put in some old items, then bought a piece of plastic for the top. I bought some legs at a Menard's store.

By Gintoddy37 from IL

How Creative! Really good job and a nice way to

recycle. We built a greehouse with our old windows

but have a couple around here somewhere. I'm

going to try to make a coffee table too.

Thank you so much for the idea.

All the best,

Julia in Orlando,

FL

Beautiful great job

Great Idea! I also found they work great as a picture frame for old family photos or new pictures made to look old using a sepia tone!

Cool idea for recycling. I really like that. I also like that you can put objects on it and cover them. Thanks for sharing.

I have also seen this done with a box with hinged "window lid" so you can store your clutter under and still see it.

What a great idea.... I love it. Could you tell me how you fastened the legs. Thanks Collettee

Love your recycled coffee table and would love to post on my craftygardeners web site for the members. I will send you the link so you can check it out and I would love to have your permission and membership. My e-mail is jogebczyk@yahoo.com

JoAnn from IL.

Cool table - love it!

I have seen many cool coffee tables made out of windows. Here is another cool table which I find from robomargo . For more cool coffee tables, you may see http://www.made-in-china.com/produc ... hot-china-products/Coffee_Table.html . Nice work!

I did the same thing for our condo in Cabo San Lucas.

I also leave some space and tell our guests/renters that they can add to it if they want.

There is a notebook on it and everyone writes what they added, when and what it meant to them.

I have memories and treasures every time I look at it!

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherNovember 29, 2016
Painted Window Panes
Crafts Using Old Windows
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
glass coffee table
Repairing a Coffee Table With Missing Glass
🎉
🎄