Painting Faux Stained Glass on Old Windows

Category Decor
With a few inexpensive supplies you can create your own faux stained glass window to display in your home. This is a guide about painting faux stained glass on old windows.

I got this old window at a salvage store. $5.00. I used clear Elmer's glue mixed with a small amount of acrylic paint to create faux stained glass paint. I outlined my pattern with black paint that comes with a tip. Then I added embellishments and presto, trash to treasure.

By Bruzier from Omaha, Ne

Top Comment

Your work is beautiful. I have been thinking about trying this homemade recipe for stained glass paint. I already have the clear Elmer's glue and Aleene's white glue that I"m going to mix with black paint to make the leading with.

When you made your colors what was the ratio of clear glue to acrylic paint did you use per color? Did you apply the paint with a brush? Again beautiful work! Show us more!

This is really great! I just love this idea. Window is beautiful!

Very pretty. It's almost like markers! Who would have known it was so cheap and on it's way to the dump most likely if you hadn't saved it.