Crafts Using Old Windows

Category Other
Old windows can be reused for a variety of craft projects. This page is about crafts using old windows.

Instead of turning an old window into a decorative mirror, I decided to smudge up the glass with grey acrylic paint. I then finger painted "milk" bottles in each pane. This went well with my country kitchen/vintage decor.

By Tracy from Matheson, Ontario

This is a page about painting faux stained glass on old windows. With a few inexpensive supplies you can create your own faux stained glass window to display in your home.

painting old windows

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about making an old window coffee table. Repurpose an old window and make a unique coffee table.

Old Window Table

Re-purpose your old window frame by hanging it on a wall and placing flowers according the season. It will give your house a more vintage and stylish look.

You will need and old window frame, flowers, and metal chain for hanging the window. Hang the old window by using a metal chain. Then attach flower boxes at the end of the frame.

Total Time: 1 hour

I was given this old frame, and decided to make it look realistic. I put a cut up poster behind the places where the panes were, and it looks like I am gazing out into a serene waterfall in the woods.

Using an Old Window Frame

Upcycle an old wood window into a wonderful outdoor picture frame.

Photo of a recycled window craft.

I have been using old window panes to put photos in. I'm attaching some for the bathroom and general grandkid pics. Everyone loves them and they were so easy.

Old Window Panes as Frames - photos of grandchildren

Choose an accent color. Buy clear glass pieces at thriftstores, garage sales, and flea markets. Examples include: small bowls, candy dishes, candle holders, or glass tops to containers.

Use an accent color in a few dishes.

DIY Old Window Decoration - finished window

Window frame without glass featuring craft items for each season or holiday.

Window decorated for Christmas.

Our master bathroom had no windows and I wanted something in there that made me feel as though it did and looked pretty to match my floral theme. I like to free hand paint so I bought an old wooden 2 pane glass window which I bought at our local salvage place that recycles, it cost $2.

Decorated and painted old window wall hanging.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Creative used for reusing old multi-pane windows. Post your own ideas here.

old windows

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Here is an old window pane I decorated.

decorated old window

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

You can purchase old windows or scavenge from neighborhood trash days. I used Dollar Store glass gems to decorate. They come in all colors.

GE Silicone II was used to place each gem. Now I hang it on my screen porch and the sun hits the glass and illuminates the gems.

Decorating Old Windows - recycled window decorated with glass gem flowers

Ideas for decorating old wooden windows, for inside and outside use. Advice as suggested by the ThriftyFun community.

old window painting

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Keep an eye out for old windows with wood frames at yard sales. They can be made into rustic looking picture frames. Find pictures that are a little smaller than the window and use a matte, which can be found at any craft store, to give it a finished look.

Load More

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherFebruary 26, 2012
📓
🌻
😎
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crafts-Using-Old-Windows-1.html