"Stained Glass" Paper Crafts
Deli lids and scraps of tissue paper can make beautiful "stained glass" window decorations for your kid's room.
Crafting Time: about 20 - 30 minutes
What You Need:
- transparent, plastic deli lids
- black construction paper
- a pencil
- glue stick
- scraps of colorful tissue paper
- glitter glue
- cellophane tape
- Draw and cut a letter or other shape from black construction paper. The sample uses the first initial of the maker.
- Glue this shape to the back of a deli lid. This will be your silhouette.
- Cut colorful tissue paper into small squares.
- Spread glue over the back of the lid, one section at a time, and lay squares of tissue paper into the glue. Overlap the tissue paper colors and continue until the back of the lid is entirely covered. The tissue paper will also cover the black silhouette.
- Place a line of glitter glue into the depression around the edge of the lid.
- Cut a length of yarn and knot the ends together to make a hanger. Tape the knot to the back of the lid, at the top.
- Allow the glue to dry and hang your design in a sunny window.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
Read More Comments
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Years ago we made cards with Elmer's glue, black construction paper, and chalk. You take black construction paper and drizzle the glue in a design on the paper.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.