Flooring, Countertop, and Paint Colors to Down Play Pinkish Cabinets

We have pickled oak cabinets we are trying to decorate around. Our hardwood floor is a light maple color and we would like to refinish it, but are not sure what color/stain to go with. We are also wanting to replace the white Corian with a granite that would complement the cabinets. I need a paint color, too. We are trying to downplay the pinkish hue of the cabinets.

By JenW

Assuming you are choosing granite countertops that will also compliment the cabinets, you could go with a color in the granite to use on the flooring stain. Then choose the lightest color in the granite to use on the walls.

First of all, you're blessed to have so much cabinet space (I only have 3 cabinets & 6 drawers). Personally I'd keep the floors just as they are. I think with black countertops & a big black throw rug, it would look amazing.

I agree about keeping the floor, as it's not always an easy job to work around cabinets. I would go with a cranberry or sage in the countertop, depending on how dark you want to go. You could always get that in place and then consider the floor if the transformation isn't what you want.

That's a lot of wood. I'd stay with the wood floors, of course, but would paint out the cabinets to blend with the sink. Walls should match also. That way a dark countertop would really pop. The now white cabinets would visually enlarge the kitchen.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenFebruary 8, 2011
Kitchen Countertop
Kitchen Countertop Color Advice
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets