Flooring, Countertop, and Paint Colors to Down Play Pinkish Cabinets

By JenW 1

We have pickled oak cabinets we are trying to decorate around. Our hardwood floor is a light maple color and we would like to refinish it, but are not sure what color/stain to go with. We are also wanting to replace the white Corian with a granite that would complement the cabinets. I need a paint color, too. We are trying to downplay the pinkish hue of the cabinets.

By JenW

Showing: Answers Sort

By Myrna 17 1,083 Flag

Assuming you are choosing granite countertops that will also compliment the cabinets, you could go with a color in the granite to use on the flooring stain. Then choose the lightest color in the granite to use on the walls.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By KATHY BENNETT 2 6 Flag

First of all, you're blessed to have so much cabinet space (I only have 3 cabinets & 6 drawers). Personally I'd keep the floors just as they are. I think with black countertops & a big black throw rug, it would look amazing.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Allison 460 Flag

I agree about keeping the floor, as it's not always an easy job to work around cabinets. I would go with a cranberry or sage in the countertop, depending on how dark you want to go. You could always get that in place and then consider the floor if the transformation isn't what you want.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan 2 167 Flag

That's a lot of wood. I'd stay with the wood floors, of course, but would paint out the cabinets to blend with the sink. Walls should match also. That way a dark countertop would really pop. The now white cabinets would visually enlarge the kitchen.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:40:27 PM on 10.0.2.194 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.