Fixing an Old Wood Floor

My old wood floors had been hidden under carpet. They were to the point of slivering up through the rugs, I fixed them with cooking oil, tea bags and liquid floor wax. You pour the oil on the floor and rub it in with the tea bag, wipe up the excess then pour the liguid wax and rub it in. They came out so beautiful, it really works, I can now walk barefoot on them. It did darken the floor a little, on another floor I tried the "green tea bags" it made a lighter color.

By Joni from Connecticut

So you poured veg. oil directly onto the floor rubbed with a tea bag then applied floor wax? Did you brew the tea first? How many rooms did you do? I am just curious, I have nothing but wood floors and I am mentally trying to calculate the amount of time involved. I would imagine that the tea would need to be strong. Thanks, carla

This is quite intriguing! Please explain your technique further. Also how did this smooth out the "slivers?". Was the liquid floor wax, a wax made for wood floors or a wax made for vinyl/linoleum floors?

Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsNovember 10, 2009
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes