Tater Tot Casserole

• 1 lb. hamburger, browned
  • 1/2 cup celery
  • 1/2 cup sliced onion
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • Ad
  • 1 can water
  • 1 lb. Tater Tots

Directions:

Brown hamburger and put in casserole dish. Add celery and onions. Mix soups together and pour over. Cover with Tater Tots. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I take the raw hamburger and just pat it like a crust in the 9x13 dish,,,add the onions, and on top of the onions I put two cans of green beans,,(drained of course) and then the soups, then on top of that I put cheese and layer the top with the tater tots and bake. We have been doing this for years ,,it's a great casserole and pretty too. Bake it until it bubbles and the taters are browned,,I usually put a foil over the top at first, then take off the foil for the last 20 minutes or so.

March 30, 2011 Flag

• 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1/3 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 pkg. frozen Tater-Tots
  • 1 can cream of celery or mushroom soup
  • 1 cup shredded cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease 8x8 baking dish. Brown over medium heat - hamburger, diced celery, and onion. Pour off fat. Spread mixture in baking dish and stir in 1 can of cream of mushroom or celery soup. Top with frozen Tater Tots. Bake 45 minutes or until bubbly. The shredded cheese can be stirred into the meat mixture before baking.

By Robin from Washington, IA

July 6, 2010 Flag

When my DD was small I used to make a tater tot casserole. All I remember for sure is that it had browned ground beef and Worcestershire Sauce. She recently asked for it but I can't for the life of me remember the recipe.

Janine from Texas

Answers:

Tater Tot Casserole

I love this recipe. My sister-in-law used to make it a long time ago but I never asked her how to make it. Thanks for posting it. (05/19/2005)

By Firefly1985

Tater Tot Casserole

I make this recipe a lot. I use Cream of Celery soup instead because we don't like mushrooms (even small ones). It really gives it a different flavor - one we like. I also add shredded cheddar cheese before I layer the tator tots.

(05/23/2005)

By Tami

Tater Tot Casserole

My husband also loved this dish his mom made. The newer version from Weight Watchers is really good. Brown hamburger in skillet; drain all fat; put back in skillet, adding 1 chopped onion; 1 tablespoon garlic; browning. Then add 1 can low fat chicken soup; 1 can sliced green beans (drained);4 ounces low fat Velveeta Cheese, melt all together, put in casserole dish adding tater tots on top, . Bake 350 degrees F for 45 minutes This is really good. (02/28/2006)

By Laverne

Tater Tot Casserole

I top my casserole with shredded cheese, after mixing in a can of cheddar broccoli and a can of cream of mushroom. It is a great quick meal, especially when you're feeding 6+ adults! (03/22/2007)

By tlbuck

Tater Tot Casserole

• 1-2 #'s hamburger
  • bag of tater tots
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can of Durkee French fried onions
Press hamburger in bottom of 9X13 pan. Salt & Pepper. Spread Durkee onions over the hamburger. Spread the two cans of cream of mushroom soup over the onions. Put the bag of tater tots on top.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-60 minutes. The recipe also called for green beans in one of the layers but my husband doesn't like his vegetable mixed in. (03/22/2007)

By Donna

Tater Tot Casserole

INGREDIENTS

• 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen potato rounds
  • 8 slices Swiss cheese
DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it starts to release some juices, add the onion. Season with Worcestershire sauce and pepper. When the beef is nearly completely browned, add the mushrooms, and saute them for a couple of minutes. Drain off any excess grease, and stir in the cream of mushroom soup and spinach.

3. Transfer the beef mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with slices of Swiss cheese. Neatly layer the potato rounds over the top.

4. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until the potato rounds are toasted.
(03/22/2007)

By Adele

Tater Tot Casserole

I have a recipe for a hamburger casserole that I was reminded of when you said Worcestershire sauce. I haven't made it in many years. It was good to have around when feeding a family of five. No salt and pepper as sauce takes care of that.

• 1 lb of hamburger
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup celery
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup uncooked rice
  • 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
Simmer hamburger, onion, celery, approx. 10 minutes. Drain. Add 2 cans of soup, rice and sauces into a 2 quart greased casserole dish. Cover with a lid or foil. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

If I remember correctly, it is salty tasting.

(03/23/2007)

By Andee in AZ

Tater Tot Casserole

We have also started adding a can of green beans to ours. This is how our local grocer's deli does it. (03/23/2007)

By IMAQT1962

Tater Tot Casserole

I just brown hamburger with a little onion and beef bouillon. Then I layer it on the bottom of the pan. Next put the tater tots on. I then add one can of milk to a can of cream of mushroom soup, pour that over the top of the tater tots. I then top it of with a little sharp cheese. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. I like simple!
(03/24/2007)

By Kimmiesue05

Tater Tot Casserole

This must be a Western/Midwestern thing because I have never heard of it until now. (My parents are Yankees and I was born in Florida). I wrote down the recipe though, gonna try it! : ) (03/25/2007)

By Erin

Tater Tot Casserole

Thanks so much to everyone who replied! (03/25/2007)

By Janine

Tater Tot Casserole

I make it like this: Brown 1 lb. ground beef with 1 small onion, fine diced. Drain. Place in bottom of casserole dish. Mix 2 cans cream of potato soup with 1/2 cup milk and 1 tsp. Worcestershire. Spread over meat. Cover that with 16 oz. bag frozen peas and carrots. Cover peas and carrots with 16 oz. frozen tater tots. I then sprinkle with shredded Velveeta cheese or American. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes until taters are cooked, and cheese is melted. :D (03/27/2007)

By sewcute

July 6, 2010 Flag

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 2 quart casserole. Lightly brown 1 pound hamburger. Place in bottom of baking dish.

October 30, 2009 Flag

Brown hamburger meat. In a large bowl, add vegetables, shredded cheese, cream of chicken and mix all together.

March 22, 2007 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Tater Tot Casserole
Tater Tot Casserole Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesMarch 30, 2011
Bean and Cornbread Casserole
Bean and Cornbread Casserole Recipes
Chicken Cheese Casserole
Chicken Cheese Casserole Recipes
Carrot Casserole
Carrot Casserole Recipes
🎉
🎄