Broccoli Cauliflower Tater Tot Recipe
Using other vegetables instead of potatoes for these tots can even taste better. This page contains a broccoli cauliflower tater tot recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
It's back-to-school time! This is my recipe for a tater tot that uses lots of broccoli and cauliflower instead of potato. They actually taste WAY better than the original potato version yet they are much healthier for the kiddos and us grown-ups. They freeze just like regular tater tots, as well. I hope you try these!
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 25
Total Time: 35
Yield: 20 tots
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease a baking sheet with a bit of oil. Blanch the broccoli and cauliflower in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Remove from boiling water then shock with ice cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain well.
- Chop broccoli and cauliflower finely.
- Mix throughly with the egg, onions, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and seasoning.
- Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of mix using your hands and gently press between into a firm ball then shape into a tater tot shape. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 18-25 minutes, turning half way.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy hot ketchup, ranch, or your favourite dipping sauce.