Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Tater Tot Casserole Recipes

These prepared potatoes can be used to make a tasty, quick main dish. This page contains tater tot casserole recipes.

July 25, 2008 Flag

Ingredients

• 2 lbs. ground beef
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 bag tater tots
  • 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

Brown and season ground beef. In 9x13-inch casserole dish, layer tater tots ground beef then spread the soups over ground beef and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in 425 degree F oven for at 30-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.

Variations: Use ground turkey instead of ground beef; use different cream soups and cheddar cheese soup.

By Connie from Cotter, AR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Way cool and had this at a bronco party. Now I know how to make it. Thanks

March 30, 2011 Flag

• 1 lb. hamburger, browned
  • 1/2 cup celery
  • 1/2 cup sliced onion
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • Ad
  • 1 can water
  • 1 lb. Tater Tots

Directions:

Brown hamburger and put in casserole dish. Add celery and onions. Mix soups together and pour over. Cover with Tater Tots. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I take the raw hamburger and just pat it like a crust in the 9x13 dish,,,add the onions, and on top of the onions I put two cans of green beans,,(drained of course) and then the soups, then on top of that I put cheese and layer the top with the tater tots and bake. We have been doing this for years ,,it's a great casserole and pretty too. Bake it until it bubbles and the taters are browned,,I usually put a foil over the top at first, then take off the foil for the last 20 minutes or so.

April 17, 2009 Flag

This is a classic casserole with chicken and creamy soups.

Directions:

Chop up the chicken into bite sized pieces. You can brown it first to decrease the cook time or just throw it in there raw. I usually just put it in raw.

Layer the tater tot disks in the base of a 9x12 inch baking pan, to make a bottom crust. Then continue layering ingredients in the pan; cream of mushroom soup, frozen mixed veggies, chicken, cream of chicken soup. Add more soup if you're using a big casserole dish and need it. I add pepper because I'm crazy like that. Then cheese on the top. Cook at the standard casserole temp, good old reliable 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or so. You will want to cook it less if you brown the chicken first.

Tasty, hearty, and terrible for you - just like all good casseroles should be.

Source: This is an update of a recipe that my mother in law used to make for my husband as a child. He says mine is better - don't tell :)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 8, 2011 Flag

They don't come any easier than this one!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 29, 2007 Flag

Brown together 1 lb. ground beef and 1 lb. pork sausage. Add an onion (chopped) cook until slightly tender. Drain grease. Preheat oven to 400-424 degrees F.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 29, 2006 Flag

Put raw hamburger in 9x13 inch pan. Season with salt, pepper and onion. Drain veggies and spread on top of hamburger. Spoon soup over the veggies. Top with Tater Tots. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 20, 2008 Flag

Brown ground beef; drain. Add soups, corn and meat in a 2 qt. casserole dish; mix well. Arrange Tots on top of mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 14, 2006 Flag

I took a recipe and changed everything we didn't like and added other stuff so it doesn't resemble the original recipe much, but my husband and teenage son love it...

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 26, 2005 Flag

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine hamburger and undiluted soup. Pour into small casserole dish layer cheese slices on top then tater tots bake for about 2- 25 minutes or until tater tots are crisp.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesApril 30, 2013
Bean and Cornbread Casserole
Bean and Cornbread Casserole Recipes
Carrot Casserole
Carrot Casserole Recipes
Microwave Oven
Microwave Casserole Recipes
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 20, 2017 at 3:24:21 PM on 10.0.1.199 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.