Tater Tot Casserole Recipes

Category Casseroles
These prepared potatoes can be used to make a tasty, quick main dish. This page contains tater tot casserole recipes.

Ingredients

• 2 lbs. ground beef
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 bag tater tots
  • 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

Brown and season ground beef. In 9x13-inch casserole dish, layer tater tots ground beef then spread the soups over ground beef and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in 425 degree F oven for at 30-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.

Variations: Use ground turkey instead of ground beef; use different cream soups and cheddar cheese soup.

By Connie from Cotter, AR

• 1 lb. hamburger, browned
  • 1/2 cup celery
  • 1/2 cup sliced onion
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • Ad

• 1 can water
  • 1 lb. Tater Tots

Directions:

Brown hamburger and put in casserole dish. Add celery and onions. Mix soups together and pour over. Cover with Tater Tots. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

This is a classic casserole with chicken and creamy soups.

Directions:

Chop up the chicken into bite sized pieces. You can brown it first to decrease the cook time or just throw it in there raw. I usually just put it in raw.

Layer the tater tot disks in the base of a 9x12 inch baking pan, to make a bottom crust. Then continue layering ingredients in the pan; cream of mushroom soup, frozen mixed veggies, chicken, cream of chicken soup. Add more soup if you're using a big casserole dish and need it. I add pepper because I'm crazy like that. Then cheese on the top. Cook at the standard casserole temp, good old reliable 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or so. You will want to cook it less if you brown the chicken first.

Tasty, hearty, and terrible for you - just like all good casseroles should be.

Source: This is an update of a recipe that my mother in law used to make for my husband as a child. He says mine is better - don't tell :)

They don't come any easier than this one!

• 1 lb. frozen Tater Tots
  • 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1 can golden mushroom soup
  • 1/4 cup onion
  • 1/4 cup green pepper
  • 1/4 cup celery

Directions:

Place frozen tater tots in baking dish (ungreased). Mix hamburger, 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and celery and cover potatoes. Pour undiluted soup on top. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.

Servings: 6-8
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 60 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

Brown together 1 lb. ground beef and 1 lb. pork sausage. Add an onion (chopped) cook until slightly tender. Drain grease. Preheat oven to 400-424 degrees F.

Put raw hamburger in 9x13 inch pan. Season with salt, pepper and onion. Drain veggies and spread on top of hamburger. Spoon soup over the veggies. Top with Tater Tots. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.

Brown ground beef; drain. Add soups, corn and meat in a 2 qt. casserole dish; mix well. Arrange Tots on top of mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes

I took a recipe and changed everything we didn't like and added other stuff so it doesn't resemble the original recipe much, but my husband and teenage son love it...

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine hamburger and undiluted soup. Pour into small casserole dish layer cheese slices on top then tater tots bake for about 2- 25 minutes or until tater tots are crisp.

• 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1/3 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 pkg. frozen Tater-Tots
  • 1 can cream of celery or mushroom soup
  • Ad

• 1 cup shredded cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease 8x8 baking dish. Brown over medium heat - hamburger, diced celery, and onion. Pour off fat. Spread mixture in baking dish and stir in 1 can of cream of mushroom or celery soup. Top with frozen Tater Tots. Bake 45 minutes or until bubbly. The shredded cheese can be stirred into the meat mixture before baking.

By Robin from Washington, IA

When my DD was small I used to make a tater tot casserole. All I remember for sure is that it had browned ground beef and Worcestershire Sauce. She recently asked for it but I can't for the life of me remember the recipe.

Janine from Texas

Answers:

Tater Tot Casserole

I love this recipe. My sister-in-law used to make it a long time ago but I never asked her how to make it. Thanks for posting it. (05/19/2005)

By Firefly1985

Tater Tot Casserole

I make this recipe a lot. I use Cream of Celery soup instead because we don't like mushrooms (even small ones). It really gives it a different flavor - one we like. I also add shredded cheddar cheese before I layer the tator tots.
(05/23/2005)

By Tami

Tater Tot Casserole

My husband also loved this dish his mom made. The newer version from Weight Watchers is really good. Brown hamburger in skillet; drain all fat; put back in skillet, adding 1 chopped onion; 1 tablespoon garlic; browning. Then add 1 can low fat chicken soup; 1 can sliced green beans (drained);4 ounces low fat Velveeta Cheese, melt all together, put in casserole dish adding tater tots on top, . Bake 350 degrees F for 45 minutes This is really good. (02/28/2006)

By Laverne

Tater Tot Casserole

I top my casserole with shredded cheese, after mixing in a can of cheddar broccoli and a can of cream of mushroom. It is a great quick meal, especially when you're feeding 6+ adults! (03/22/2007)

By Theresa

Tater Tot Casserole

• 1-2 #'s hamburger
  • bag of tater tots
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can of Durkee French fried onions
Press hamburger in bottom of 9X13 pan. Salt & Pepper. Spread Durkee onions over the hamburger. Spread the two cans of cream of mushroom soup over the onions. Put the bag of tater tots on top.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-60 minutes. The recipe also called for green beans in one of the layers but my husband doesn't like his vegetable mixed in. (03/22/2007)

By Donna

Tater Tot Casserole

INGREDIENTS

• 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen potato rounds
  • 8 slices Swiss cheese
DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it starts to release some juices, add the onion. Season with Worcestershire sauce and pepper. When the beef is nearly completely browned, add the mushrooms, and saute them for a couple of minutes. Drain off any excess grease, and stir in the cream of mushroom soup and spinach.

3. Transfer the beef mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with slices of Swiss cheese. Neatly layer the potato rounds over the top.

4. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until the potato rounds are toasted.
(03/22/2007)

By Adele

Tater Tot Casserole

I have a recipe for a hamburger casserole that I was reminded of when you said Worcestershire sauce. I haven't made it in many years. It was good to have around when feeding a family of five. No salt and pepper as sauce takes care of that.

• 1 lb of hamburger
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup celery
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup uncooked rice
  • 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
Simmer hamburger, onion, celery, approx. 10 minutes. Drain. Add 2 cans of soup, rice and sauces into a 2 quart greased casserole dish. Cover with a lid or foil. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

If I remember correctly, it is salty tasting.

(03/23/2007)

By ADRIENNE M. GOSLING

Tater Tot Casserole

We have also started adding a can of green beans to ours. This is how our local grocer's deli does it. (03/23/2007)

By IMAQT1962

Tater Tot Casserole

I just brown hamburger with a little onion and beef bouillon. Then I layer it on the bottom of the pan. Next put the tater tots on. I then add one can of milk to a can of cream of mushroom soup, pour that over the top of the tater tots. I then top it of with a little sharp cheese. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. I like simple!
(03/24/2007)

By Kimmiesue05

Tater Tot Casserole

This must be a Western/Midwestern thing because I have never heard of it until now. (My parents are Yankees and I was born in Florida). I wrote down the recipe though, gonna try it! : ) (03/25/2007)

By Erin

Tater Tot Casserole

Thanks so much to everyone who replied! (03/25/2007)

By Janine

Tater Tot Casserole

I make it like this: Brown 1 lb. ground beef with 1 small onion, fine diced. Drain. Place in bottom of casserole dish. Mix 2 cans cream of potato soup with 1/2 cup milk and 1 tsp. Worcestershire. Spread over meat. Cover that with 16 oz. bag frozen peas and carrots. Cover peas and carrots with 16 oz. frozen tater tots. I then sprinkle with shredded Velveeta cheese or American. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes until taters are cooked, and cheese is melted. :D (03/27/2007)

By sewcute

Ingredients

• 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • diced onion or onion powder
  • tater tots

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 2 quart casserole. Lightly brown 1 pound hamburger. Place in bottom of baking dish. Add diced onion or onion powder, if desired. Spread 1/2 package of tater tots over the onions. Add 1 can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted) over top of tater tots. Bake 1 hour.

Note: I like to add a can of vegetables to this for a one-dish meal.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 3 pounds of hamburger meat
  • 2 cans of any vegetables
  • 1 package of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 bag of tater tots
  • 1 can of cream of chicken

Directions

Brown hamburger meat. In a large bowl, add vegetables, shredded cheese, cream of chicken and mix all together. Place in a 9x13 inch pan, top it off with the tater tots and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.

By Crystal from Webb, Alabama

Answers:

Tater Tot Casserole

This seems to be a favorite recipe to post on here. We add green beans to ours (11/16/2007)

By suzanne

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.