Tater Tot Breakfast Sandwich

Category Breakfast
Use tater tots as a version of hashbrowns to make the outside of this delicious breakfast sandwich. Add bacon, egg and cheese for a hearty gluten free start to the day.

The best way to start the day is with a good breakfast. You will find that you do not get as hungry during the day. Although I do not recommend eating this sandwich every day, it sure is good and gluten-free. I only make two sandwiches, one for each of us.

I use the George Foreman Grill to cook this on.

Total Time: Approximately 30-40 minutes.

• 32 Ore-Ida Tater Tots
  • 2 strips bacon
  • 2 eggs
  • salt and pepper
  • Pam
  • 2 slices cheese

1. Cook bacon in George Foreman Grill and then remove it to paper towel to drain. Do not turn the grill off.
  2. Keep grill on and wipe the grease off the grill plates and prop the grill so it will be level. Place a paper towel down in front of grill to catch any drippings.
  3. Place 8 Tator Tots together in a square on the grill for each sandwich. Lower the lid and cook 6-7 minutes. Press down on grill top to flatten the Tator Tots. Cook until slightly crisp and stuck together.
  4. Remove from the grill and place on a plate.
  5. Repeat for the process for the top layer of Tator Tots.
  6. Ad

7. While Tater Tots are cooking, fry the eggs in pan sprayed with Pam. Salt and pepper to taste.
  8. Place fried egg and bacon on top of 1st layer of Tater Tots that are sitting on the grill.
  9. Add cheese.
  10. Remove Tater Tots that were set to the side on a plate and place them on tops of the cheese. Close lid and press down to flatten. Heat until cheese is melted. Approximately 1 minute.
  11. Serve hot and enjoy!

Top Comment

I bet you could make these in a waffle maker too, if you don't have a grill like this. I will have to try some for my family and report back. :)

Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have one and will be making this.

You will love it!!

Ore-Ida Tater Tots are gluten free. Gluten Free is printed on the package.