Use Crafty Cheats to Mend Clothes

To mend clothes, I use hot glue, iron on patches, or hemming tape. This saves me time and money.

By Kathleen from Dothan, AL

The cuffs and waists of cotton jeans that are beginning to fray can have their life prolonged by rubbing clear silicone glue into the fraying area. Once the glue has cured (about 24 hours) the jeans can be worn, washed, dried, and even ironed as normal.

Another jeans tip. Always wash and dry cotton jeans inside out. They will not fray as quickly around seams and pockets.

For hemming I use tacky glue. It comes off in the wash but they also have glue that holds thru the washing I think it is called No sewing glue! This really helps at the last minute.

Tips for Mending Clothing
Home and Garden Repair ClothingFebruary 3, 2009
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Woman Holding Up Shirt With Iron Burn
Wrinkle Free Clothes Without Ironing
Woman Sewing Button
Tips for Mending Clothing
Diagram of how to make a clothes pin rocking chair.
Making a Clothes Pin Chair