Make Hamburger Patties for the Freezer

First, cut small squares out of wax paper to set you hamburger patties on. Then form patties, no more than one inch thick and set them on a piece of wax paper and place them on a cookie sheet. Next, put the cookie sheet in the freezer for about an hour or until the patties have set. Then stack up the patties, making there is a piece of wax paper between each one, and store in an air tight container or freezer bag.

By Fisher

Good idea. I almost do that. I cook for just me, so I make the patties and put each one in a sandwich bag and then as many patties as will fit go into a heavy freezer bag. That way they are double wrapped. I can take out one at a time, or more if needed.

Also, I defrost them in the microwave using defrost setting for 30 to 45 seconds. Works great.

If you take the handle of a wooden spoon, a straw, or even a chopstick, and poke a hole in the center of each burger, they won't shrink as much as usual when you fry or barbeque them.

Hamburger with Fries
Making Hamburgers
Food and Recipes Freezing MeatJune 27, 2006
Fried Frozen Chicken Patties
Recipes Using Frozen Chicken Patties
Hamburger Slider
Hamburger Slider Recipes
Photo of a hamburger with a homemade bun.
Homemade Hamburger Bun Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
🎉
🎄