Microwave CookingRecipes

Microwave Rolls

Does anyone have a recipe for making a small number (e.g. 4) of bread rolls quickly in a microwave? We would want to eat them straight away, so a non-yeast method would do.

Thanks,
Mary

Mary, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think it can be done. There are several problems with making almost any kind of bread in a microwave involving browning, texture, etc. However, there are some good recipes for all kinds of breads you can make up in advance and freeze. If your microwave has several settings (low, med low, med, med high, high, or something like that) you can probably thaw and heat the bread without ruining the texture. I know this is not much help, but from my experience I'd say bread and microwaves generally don't play well together... some sort of personality conflict or something. I'd look for "Plan B".

On a related note, if you have a bread machine, use it to mix your dough, then let it rise and so on, form it and bake it in your oven. If you don't have an oven or don't want to heat up the whole kitchen, look into baking in a crock pot (haven't tried that yet but I've read it can be done with good results). And if you don't have stuff like a bread machine or crock pot or whatever, check out the goodwill or Salvation Army type "thrift stores" (and yard sales) in your area. Such items are often available in good condition for next to nothing.

Good luck! "Happiness doesn't have much to do with getting what we want; happiness is mostly about appreciating what we have."