Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- yellow paper plate
- black paper
- black yarn
- Cut 2 silver dollar size circles from black construction paper for the eyes.
- Cut out a 2 1/2 inch smiley face mouth or alternately another circle.
- Cut 10 pieces of yarn each 3 inches long. Line up 9 of them, use the tenth to tie them together in the middle for the hair. Alternately use 9 6-inch pieces of yarn, then braid them together to make a girl.
- Glue on the eyes and the mouth.
- Then glue the hair on and let dry.
This makes an excellent activity for groups of children if the cutting is done beforehand.
By Debbie from Nevada, IA
By Noah 2 08/30/2010 Flag
I thought the hair was clever eyebrows. Hair makes much more sense.
Creative craft for kids learning to paste and learning their shapes. I would use a large punch to cut out the eyes. Would the kids be able to draw on the mouth if they used a stencil or drew around a glass the correct diameter?
ReplyWas this helpful? Yes