Red Marks from a Tick Bite

I went to the Dr. today because I broke out with red marks on my arms, neck and head. They look like a mosquito bite but she said it was from a tick. They seem to ooze from the middle too. She told me it isn't Lyme disease.

I have about 20 on my scalp and maybe 15 on my arms and neck. She said it could have gotten in my bloodstream and that is why it is spreading. I am on medicine now and some cream to stop the itching. Has anyone ever hear of more than one mark from a tick bite? Thanks.

By Sandi1128 from IL

That's a new one on me and I come from "tick country" in the south. When we got a tick he (she?) latched onto one spot and that was the only mark unless you scratched it off and it latched onto a second place. Never heard of that!

I think you are right as a friend of mine all of a sudden has the same thing.Hers is really bad. Maybe something is going around here?

Could it be Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever? My husband got that while we were living in Kentucky; and it is a tick borne illness. You take antibiotics for it.

Wish I knew what it was. But i don't think it is Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Our son had that when he was young and this looks nothing like that. Plus I think he was ill feeling with that. I have no symptoms at all except the red looking mosquito bites (which they aren't) and the itch which has decreased since I am on Prednisone and had a shot. This is day 7 and I have not gotten anymore and the ones I have are fading away slowly.Thanks for all the input here. Appreciate it.

I'm in tick country as well and I've never heard or seen that type of reaction from a tick. Did you actually have a tick or see the tick? Please have the doctor recheck this, especially if it is not clearing up. I work with a man who had the same type reaction to what the doctors thought was a spider bite and the third visit to the doctor they found it was MRSA, treated him for that, and it cleared up.

Hubby gets alot of ticks and has had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever twice, but never have I seen a reaction from a tick like you described, except for one spot where the tick was attached, which was only red, but not oozing.

Good luck!

Are the 'bumps' like water filled blister looking things that start out small and get larger and larger until they 'pop'? If so it could be impetigo. You get it from scratching at bug bites, it's VERY contagious and since your doctor said it was from the tick bit, it very well could be what he/she meant. I got it a long time ago as a child from scratching at mosquito bites. It's actually an infection. Since you mentioned your friend had it too. I gave it to my friend and my friends little brother when I had it.

My doctor said no it was not Impetigo, Chicken Pox, or Shingles or Scabies. My friend that also has the same thing said her doctor couldn't say what it was either. All I know is mine is diminishing with the meds and the itch cream. Thanks

Take a look at this slide show (http://www.medicinenet.com/lyme_disease_pictures_slideshow/article.htm), and be sure to read the text that goes with slide #6 re/ secondary lesions.

The med that you're taking along with the itch cream--is it an antibiotic? If so, you probably have nothing to worry about at this point whether it was Lyme disease or Rocky Mountain spotted fever.

I feel for you. I had Lyme disease in May, and my doc said it was the second case they'd seen that day and more than that this season. It's definitely much more common farther south today than the map in this slide show indicates.

Today is day 7 since I first broke out and I have to say they are slowly going away. Some still itch but not as bad. At least I feel I can go out now and since they aren't oozing I will not be a threat to anyone. Thanks to all who answered here for me.

Might it be bed bugs? Saw an article in paper how they are much more prevalent that before. Check out on google.

Could be chigger bites, they itch intensely and are everywhere in weeds here in the southern USA.

You could Google "chiggers" and see if it fits.

I wish I could say for sure, but sure sounds like chiggers to me. Really itch and you get many bites. In Wv. they are fairly common in tall grass. Going into hayfield. They will make you crazy.

good luck.

A tick on someone's skin.
Information About Lyme Disease
Health & Beauty AdviceJune 17, 2009
dog with fleas
Bio Spot Flea and Tick Reviews
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🎄