Stains from Liquid Toilet Bowl Cleaner

I used Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, and some of the liquid got on the toilet seat, leaving a blue stain. The seat is injection molded plastic. Any ideas about how to remove this stain? Thanks.

Susana from Houston, TX

Best Answer

I had a similar thing happen with dye from clothes when I put a load of freshly washed (but not dry) clothes on top of the closed toilet lid. This is what I did and it worked.

Pour some straight bleach onto a large rag to saturate. Lay the saturated rag over the stain and then cover with a plastic bag to keep the fumes and bleaching power in. Leave it for about an hour and then check on it.

Stain should be gone. Good luck!

Best Answer

how about a Magic Eraser they have removed many stains for us from a magic marker to koolaid

Best Answer

Thank you all!! The stains are mostly gone (there's a little one that resists to go)

I tried a combination of two tips: bleach and magic eraser. (BTW, I had tried magic eraser alone and bleach alone, and they didn't work)

Maybe peroxide will take the stain off the toilet seat. I use it instead of bleach in doing laundry & etc. It's much cheaper. It will also bleach your teeth.

Since we are sharing thrifty ideas..here's a way to avoid that in the future. I use either Ajax or Comet, whichever I have, to clean my toilet bowls. Sprinkle in a bunch and scrub with the brush. It works great and is way cheaper than any single-purpose toilet cleaner!

Toilet bowl
Cleaning Toilet Bowl Stains
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsNovember 28, 2008
A toilet being cleaned with blue water.
Cleaning Blue Stains in a Toilet
Toilet being scrubbed with a toilet brush by someone wearing pink rubber gloves
Cleaning Hard Water Stains from a Toilet
Cleaning a white toilet.
Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipes
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄