Washing Memory Foam Pillow

How do I wash a memory foam pillow? Can I put it in the washing machine?

Laura from Phoenix, AZ

I don't think a machine would get it clean all the way through & I know that foam can not be dry cleaned so what I would recommend is to wash it in your bath tub using an easy to wash out mild cleanser like baby shampoo & slightly warm water. This way you can squeeze the shampoo suds all the way through the pillow, then add new rinse water 2 or 3 times & also squeeze that through the pillow with your hands & then ring the pillow out a bit in the tub by pushing it against the sides of the tub. Lastly, take a large beach towel or a several absorbent bath towels & wrap these around the pillow and step on it with clean feet against a clean floor or set it on a counter & press on it. This way the towels will absorb the rest of the water. Use slightly warm water, but do NOT use hot water because memory foam becomes playable with heat & may warp. Just think of the memory foam pillow as a large "sponge". I would wash it gently like you would a thick wool sweater.

I have washed mine outside with the hose, wet it down and put baby shampoo on it, worked it in to faom and then added a tiny bit of fabric softner,worked it thru too & then sprayed it all out, I set it on the yard table to dry and turned it over a few times till it was all dry. We live in the Las Vegas area so it dried in just a little while in our desert heat.

Thanks for the feedback. I was pretty sure the machine would tear it up. Gotta get to scrubbing the bathtub clean first! :)

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousSeptember 15, 2008
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
Closeup of African American Man with Dreadlocks
Washing Dreadlocks
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
🎄
🍂