Tomato and Hamburger Sauce

When the tomatoes are ripe on the vine and you have more than you can handle, I put them in the freezer. I do skin them and freeze them in freezer bags. When hamburger goes on sale, I cook up a bunch of burger and take out my tomatoes and make a large pot of sauce. I put my basic spices in it and can it.

So when I have a night that I do not feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen, I get a can of sauce off the shelf and add spices for what I am making for a quick meal. I have also canned my sauces without the meat.

By dameemag from Rothbury, MI

You do not need to peel your tomatoes just wipe off and freeze when you want to use them the peel comes off and floats easy to pick off then, or run under hot water it falls off.

Photo of a pan with homemade spaghetti sauce in it.
Making Spaghetti Sauce With Fresh Tomatoes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Time SaversApril 19, 2006
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Chopsticks Picking up Piece of Teriyaki Chicken
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipes
Photo of a hamburger with a homemade bun.
Homemade Hamburger Bun Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes