Browsing: Freezing Vegetable Soup

Freezing Vegetable Soup

Can you freeze vegetable beef soup?

By jtruscott from Duluth, MN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I always make a big pot of vegetable beef soup for my husband and I and then freeze it in meal size containers. It's great.

Yes! I have always frozen soups of all kinds. Not too sure about cream of soups, I think the cream would probably separate and go into little white dots through the soup.

Sure can! As "merlene" already said, we make extra big batches around here and freeze the rest, too. I also do this with chicken soup, split pea soup-- and really, anything with a chicken, beef or vegetable broth base, as long as there's no milk, cream or half-and-half in there anywhere.

Been there and done that and all I got was curdling when dairy is involved. The DH says the soup tastes even better the second time around--guess sitting up there in the freezer helps the flavors meld :)

Yes, you can freeze vegetable soup. I usually do it everytime we had a left over suop even chili. It because I don't want to waste the food.

Funny that I am reading that after just dipping up containers of veg. beef soup two days ago, and freezing. Now, today, I made a super good batch of semi-home made spaghetti sauce. I cooked up some crumbled mild Italian sausage, added onion, one large jar of prego, cans of tomato sauce, diced tomato, and seasoned with garlic, Italian mixed herbs, then a good pinch of oregano, and one of basil. Only mention this because as soon as it cools a bit, it too will go in the freezer in appropriate sized containers. We are in coastal AL., where it is about 98 or 99 degrees by day right now, and I don't want to cook every day. Like others have said, things without cream and such have always done very well for me. Hope this helps.

I like to make big batches of soups and sauces for the freezer, too. The one thing I don't include in my soups, though, is potatoes. For some reason when they're frozen the texture gets funny.

I freeze soup all the time. After the soup thaws, I do find it to be a little thick, but then I just add one cup of water and one bouillon cube (or canned broth).

Vegetable Soup
Freezing Vegetable Soup
Food and Recipes Freezing SoupJune 19, 2009
A bowl of fresh vegetable soup.
Making Vegetable Broth
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 1:00:52 PM on 10.0.1.28 in 943 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.