Freezing Vegetable Soup?

Category Soup
Once you've made a large batch of delicious soup you may want to freeze it in serving sizes. This is a page about freezing vegetable soup.

Can you freeze vegetable beef soup?

By Jan from Duluth, MN

Answers

I always make a big pot of vegetable beef soup for my husband and I and then freeze it in meal size containers. It's great.

Yes! I have always frozen soups of all kinds. Not too sure about cream of soups, I think the cream would probably separate and go into little white dots through the soup.

Sure can! As "merlene" already said, we make extra big batches around here and freeze the rest, too. I also do this with chicken soup, split pea soup-- and really, anything with a chicken, beef or vegetable broth base, as long as there's no milk, cream or half-and-half in there anywhere.

Been there and done that and all I got was curdling when dairy is involved. The DH says the soup tastes even better the second time around--guess sitting up there in the freezer helps the flavors meld :)

Yes, you can freeze vegetable soup. I usually do it everytime we had a left over suop even chili. It because I don't want to waste the food.

Food and Recipes Freezing SoupJuly 2, 2014
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Freezing-Vegetable-Soup-1.html