Air Purifier Recommendation - Categories:

OdorsCleaning

Air Purifier Recommendation

I am looking at buying an air purifier. I am thinking about the one from sharper image. Anyone have any advice on what works for them? Family members stay here from time to time and have alergies and I want to make it a little easier on them.

Thanks
Janet from NJ

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Go to target or walmart, i bet they are much cheaper.

We have a Sharper Image Ionic Breeze. They are expensive but there are no filters to buy and it works very well. It is very easy to clean, you just wipe off the blades. My daughter has a cat allergy and I have lots of cats so it's been a problem when she came over. This really helped!

I had trouble with it, it just quit working after having it about a year. Mine was a reconditioned one to start with. They repaired it free of charge so they really stand by their products. It has a 3 year warranty which is wonderful these days (your lucky if you get 90 days). I have had a couple of cheaper ones, by the time you buy the filters this one is far less expensive.

I'd recommend getting an Ionic type cleaner. One that works on attracting the dust rather than filtering it. Hepa filters cost a lot to replace.

- Susan

I have 2 friends who swear by the ionic breeze. They are clean freaks and have a ton of allergies, but with the ionic breeze they both can breath and survive the spring season. It is very reasonable-probably more expensive than others right up front, but worth it. In fact, as soon as I run into some extra money this summer I'm buying one. As far as target or Walmart, I doubt they sell the ionic breeze, check to make sure it comes with warrenty, if you find it there. Best wishes

Along with the purifier, wash bedding in hot water and thoroughly dust any rooms where the allergy prone people will be. That gets rid of the dust mites that cause allergies.

I don't have allergies but I have found that the ionic style cleaner makes visits to my house a lot easier on people with allergies. Its been a pretty good investment for me.

American Lung Association DOES NOT recommend ionic/ozone air purifiers. Also articles on the EPA website about these products.

I found a real deal on a micro air purafier. It had been marked down and was well recommened. It was reduced to half price of $100.00 however the filters are over$25.00 each but every 2 hours all the air in the large room is purified . Honeywell

When my boyfriend moved into my small, one-bedroom apartment with me, we found out he had a mild cat allergy. Nothing I tried really seemed to help, so I went ahead and tried one of the Ionic Breeze air purifiers. The very same day (within, say, 6 hours) he was sneezing much less, and by the end of the week he'd stopped sneezing altogether.

I bought a refurbished Breeze to begin with, at about half price (somewhere in the range of $150.) They also have a deal where you can buy one at regular price and get one at half-off.

When I move into a larger place, I'm sure I'll get another, but for now one is good for an apartment that is about 400 sq. ft.

Couldn't find anything on EPA or ALA sites myself, but it might be worth checking into if your family members have severe allergies.

I found a website with an air purifier. It's a little high on the price , but I bought one to try it out and found it to be well worth it. It's used on the tv show "extreme makeover: home edition".

If you have allergies and you have pets in the house, this is the one for you. It puts the oreck and sharper image to shame. This is the website where I found it. Jbyrom.Qhealthzone.Com

If you want something that is high end but moderately priced. I would go with something like http://www.sterilairpurifiers.com/ It's got a monster filter. Some people don't like filters because you have to replace them but really you can't purify without them. This one does something special to the filter so that the charcoal is still going strong and it has something like 3 pounds or something. Works great for me so I wanted to through it out there as a non ion'izing solution for anyone who might still looking at this post.

Sharper image is junk. Check out air purifiers america.com look at there test result. Austinair allergy machine, blueair, airpura, iq air are the best purifiers money can buy. Blueair is listed as a class 2 medical device.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsApril 7, 2004
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Air Filter
Cleaning an Air Purifier Filter
Repairing an Air Mattress
Repairing an Air Mattress
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:46:27 PM on 10.0.0.123 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.