Making Curtain Valances From Table Napkins

I thought of this cute idea for a kitchen or bathroom valance. I am using dinner cloth napkins and will fold them into triangle shapes and simply put them over any rod to make a great valance. I found some with a little fringe. Love the idea! Try it! It will be good to fold over and iron a crease for the rod and then tack in place with a stitch or two-or use iron-on hem tape.

A triangular shape valance, easy and cool!

By Diann from Staten Island, NY

Please post a picture when you are done. Its so useful to actually see what someone was able to do with a little creativity.

I've been doing this for 10 years. It's cute and easy to wash! I just laid three right over the rod with the middle one on top and so they "point" down.

This is a great idea. I have been doing this for awhile. Its nice because you can get new ones each time the seasons change. There are pretty ones for spring time, Easter, summer flowers and also for thanksgiving, and Christmas always has lots of napkins to chose from. sandycrafty1 AT

May 28, 2008 Flag

Does anyone know how to make curtain valances using cloth table napkins and velcro?

Mom from Lisle, IL

Ad,2041,DIY_14043_2270123,00.html (11/26/2007)

I did this in my dining room because it is dark and this way lets in a lot of sunlight. I took 2 of one color and 1 of another. Then I laid them over a curtain rod diagonally from one corner to the other. I placed the 2 same colors on the bottom first them placed the last on in the middle on top. Then I bought shell buttons and sewed them on by hand and all done.They look really cool and my family thinks there neat. I will look for a picture to post. Give it a try it is so easy. (11/29/2007)

By debbie

Window Valance
Making a Window Valance
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsMay 28, 2008
Fabric Napkin
Making Fabric Placemats and Napkins
Stack of napkins.
Saving Money on Napkins
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Linen Napkins and Silverware
Cleaning Linen Napkins