Curtain Valance Color Advice?

Category Curtains

Valances can be hung alone or above curtains. Choosing a color that completes your room is fun even if a bit bewildering at times. This is a page about curtain valance color advice.

My walls are white with tinge of gray. I have two burgundy recliners and a chocolate brown couch and loveseat. What color valances should I go with, white or print?

Answers

White with gold tones would look awesome

Burgundy or brown.

I would stick with a solid color valance in your room. I'm not so sure about the white color because of your color scheme. I would try and draw the colors together with a burgundy color. I think you'd like it better than white.

To bring your room together, I would look for valences in a print that uses both brown and burgundy in it. Add an accent color that is in the print, maybe gold or green for pillows and other decorations and your room will come together beautifully.

White may be too much of a pop since there isn't much white in the room besides the wall and hint of gray? White valances may blend in with the wall?

I would probably find a valance that has hints of your color theme or any pattern tying them all in.

Bright or deep red works well with the colors you have already.

What color valance curtains would go good with black, grey, and maroon curtains?

Answers

It would depend on the pattern of the curtains. How does the curtains look?

You can't go wrong with white or cream.

A cream that has a gold shimmer would be great

I would probably go with maroon or black, depending on which color you want to bring out.

I have taupe walls throughout my home with white molding. I bought 2 cream window roller shades, but didn't get the valance cartridges. Big mistake. Now I'm shopping for window valance curtains to kind decorate/hide the roller of the shade. What color valances should I go with?

Also, my home is open floor plan. So my dining area has 3 windows (like bay window style) how would I put up the rods and valances without it looking crazy? And can I do a different color valance in living room area to go with my charcoal grey, white furniture? Or should I do same has the kitchen area valances so it flows?

Please help me!
Thank you.

Answers

Choose two of the colors you already have and add a third color like red or orange. Use a print or stripe.

I painted my dining room with one wall dark burgundy and three walls a light/medium grey. It is a very large room and very sunny. The burgundy wall has two windows and the grey wall has one. What colors should I go with for window valances?

By Kathy H. from Baldwinsville, NY

Answers

Dark Grey would complement both the burgundy and the light/medium grey walls.

I would go with a lighter shade of burgundy in the same color family as the walls

I would do a teal and cream combo. Very Victorian! It will shine in the sun!

I have a floral pattern sofa. The walls are light sage, the verticals on the windows are dark brown. I have included photos of my sofa.

I need valances. Please give me suggestions: solid, pattern, checked, or plaid and the color(s). Please respond as soon as you can.

Answers

Anonymous

A designer once told me to pick one or two colours from your sofa and use for accessories such as draperies, throw pillows etc. Because your upholstery is a floral I would go with a solid colour fabric for your valances.

Pick a colour from your floral pattern and then work with it.

My walls are a very soft sage. The sofa is floral with yellow, green, red, and orange. What color and pattern would work for valances? I need to tie the room together to make it look finished.

Answers

I'd pick one of the colors from sofa that isn't green.

so you would go with a solid? no pattern, no stripes or floral.....I am tired of going up ladders with different valances, none seem to appeal to me.....how about a solid red with some yellow geometric pattern?

I have a burgundy couch and off white vertical blinds. There is an oversized pale pink recliner, which I would like to cover. Does anyone have suggestions on color? I would like to use a scarf sheer valance over the blinds in some kind of color.

I am wondering about using a brown on the recliner and valance. How would that look with the burgundy couch? Any suggestions? Thank you.

Answers

Use the color you are going to cover the chair in. Or a lighter color in the burgundy palette. You might consider pillows that would be in the same shade as the swag. Stay away from the "neutral" colors unless you don't want the swag to be a statement. If it's merely to hide the blinds, make it same color as the walls.

Good luck and be daring, Liz

We have tan furniture and beige carpet. I just bought walnut colored blinds for 2 very big windows in our family room. I'd like to put valances at the top of the blinds. I saw some very cute country brown plaid ones, but I'm worried it's too much brown on brown. What color or colors do you think I should go with for the valances?

By Kim

Answers

If you are wanting a country plaid, I would go mostly red with touches of brown and cream.

I have faux silk thermal curtains in a beige (beige tone with orange or copper undertone). My walls are a cream tone. I'm having trouble finding a pelmet fabric (I'm unable to get the same fabric as the curtains). Do I go lighter or darker? The fabric is a block colour. Nothing seems to look right. Please help!

By Suzy B from Brisbane, Australia

I have a black leather couch, black and silver carpet, light cream walls, and darker cream curtains. What would be the best colour for a valance?

By Dee K.

I just purchased a multi color rug with rectangles of sage green, blue-green, rust-orange, goldish, red, and brown. We just purchased a brown leather sofa and chair; it is a deep brown and when you look at it you see hints of burgundy. My problem is that my walls are a light green almost like a mint and the trim is like a mauvy green (if there is such a color). I have bought a ton of curtains and valances in all kinds of colors to try to tie it all together and I am tired of buying and returning valances. I am thinking I should just use valances to tie it together instead of curtains. Any suggestions? I wish I could post pictures. I was hoping to not have to paint my trim and walls, but...

By Kathy C

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsApril 11, 2018
🌻
📓
😷
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Curtain-Valance-Color-Advice-1.html