Curtains or Valance Color Advice

I just purchased a multi color rug with rectangles of sage green, blue-green, rust-orange, goldish, red, and brown. We just purchased a brown leather sofa and chair; it is a deep brown and when you look at it you see hints of burgundy. My problem is that my walls are a light green almost like a mint and the trim is like a mauvy green (if there is such a color).

I have bought a ton of curtains and valances in all kinds of colors to try to tie it all together and I am tired of buying and returning valances. I am thinking I should just use valances to tie it together instead of curtains. Any suggestions? I wish I could post pictures. I was hoping to not have to paint my trim and walls, but...

By Kathy C