Saving Money on Napkins

Putting napkins on the table does not have to be expensive. This page is about saving money on napkins.

When eating out at fast food restaurants, we are usually given too many napkins that end up in the trash. Now we fold them up and take them with us. They end up in the car for kid clean up, in the purse for emergencies, on the vanity for makeup removal, in the kitchen as a substitute for paper towels or on the table as - surprise - napkins. I'm sure you can come up with lots of places to use these leftover napkins. We never let them go to waste.

Source: We have been doing this for several years now.

By Catherine Cruz from San Juan, Puerto Rico

I love to have tons of dinner napkins, but I do not like the high price on them. I go to Walmart and look through their remnant bin for cheap materials. I just took a remnant home that cost 39 cents and made four dinner napkins out of it. All I did was cut a triangle edge on it. If I had owned a pair of pinking shears, I could have done it much faster.

These can be used for all around cleaning and little place mats. I love these little dinner napkins, I make them in smaller sizes than what you would buy at the store for the children and normal if not smaller sizes for me. I am happy with my large collection of dinner napkins.

Also the little remnants of string (from using the pinking shears on the sides of the napkins to keep them from unraveling) can be turned into hair bows by tying them into little ribbons and then gluing them onto some sort of hair clasp.

This picture is a dinner napkin I just brought in and it is not completely dry, but it is one of my favorite materials.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton TN

Instead of paper towels, we use washcloths for napkins. We use old kitchen towels that don't seem pretty enough to hang up any more.

Use cloth placemats and napkins. They're a treat you'll come to enjoy every day

If you are trying to save money and be environmentally friendly this question is more complicated than you may assume. This is a page about, "Do paper or fabric napkins save the most money?".

cloth napkins

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Consumer Advice Shopping Food & KitchenJune 27, 2012
🐛
📓
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Napkins-1.html