Saving Money on Table Linen

Category Miscellaneous
Family Eating Dinner on Table with Linen
Having a easy care, well set dining table doesn't have to cost much. This is a guide about saving money on table linen.

When eating out at fast food restaurants, we are usually given too many napkins that end up in the trash. Now we fold them up and take them with us.

I love to have tons of dinner napkins, but I do not like the high price on them. I go to Walmart and look through their remnant bin for cheap materials. I just took a remnant home that cost 39 cents and made four dinner napkins out of it.

Homemade napkin.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 4

Instead of paper towels, we use washcloths for napkins. We use old kitchen towels that don't seem pretty enough to hang up any more.

This guide is about saving money on napkins. Putting napkins on the table does not have to be expensive.

Stack of napkins.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Where can I buy flannel back plastic tablecloths at a reasonable price?

Jacquey from Phoenix, AZ

If you have any of these stores out there, try these: Big Lots, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Party City, Occasions.

This is just a suggestion. If you buy a clear plastic tablecloth protector you can use any fabric tablecloth, and wipe the surface clean. The protectors only cost about $7.00 and last a long time.

In the past, i have seen them at Walmart for as little as $2.50.

I think I've seen those kind of tablecloths at Wal-Mart. Sometimes they will have some marked down real cheap, especially after a holiday.

Good luck finding what you're looking for!

Dollar stores!

I live in the East Valley, and I've seen tons of those tablecloths at the 99 cent only stores in Mesa and Tempe. You may have to dig a bit, and the clerks may help you look if you catch them during a slow period. But then again, the clerks may not know what's in their stores either because there's so much merchandise in those places.

Good luck! :-)

If you have a Dollar General in your area, they have all their summer merchandise on clearance now and you should be able to find them pretty cheap there. Same goes for Family Dollar. Goodwill and other thrift stores are a good source also.

I've seen them in dollar stores. However, nicer ones can be purchased from CVS. I wait until they go on sale or I have a CVS coupon. Also, Boscov's department store has them for something like one dollar or perhaps three dollars. Check out www.boscovs.com to see if you can buy them online. You may not have a store in your area.

I just saw some of those kind of table cloths at Target marked down. it was in the linens area. These were white background with stripes....very simple design. I saw them in round or oblong shape. I do not recall the price tho.

I buy mine at King's variety store (western states) and I use them for PAINTING cloths. They work especially well on carpeted floors as the flannel backing sticks to the carpet and holds them in place while you paint. Much cheaper than painting cloths and much more sturdy than plastic covers.

I buy mine at King's variety store (western states) when they're on sale in the summer and I use them for PAINTING cloths. They work especially well on carpeted floors as the flannel backing sticks to the carpet and holds them in place while you paint. Much cheaper than painting cloths and much more sturdy than plastic covers.

WALMART! After a season such as harvest they will be selling out their tablecloths, rugs, etc. the day after Halloween and after at very cheap prices like $2 instead of 5. Often there are plain colors you can use anytime of year. If you make it a goal you can have tablecloths for year round at a fraction of the cost! Also, thrift stores.