Using Flannel As A Winter Drape Lining

Has anyone ever made flannel drape liners? I want to make mine out of white flannel. It sells for 1.99 a yard here. How well does it insulate from the cold? I put plastic on the windows every year, but they are still cold. I thought if I made a flannel liner with the insulated drapes this would help with the cold one feels from the windows.

Shirley from Calumet City, IL

For looks white would probably look best but a darker color like black would attract and hold in more of the suns heat.

Yes, I cover my old windows with layers in the winter - plastic over the windows inside, then heavy hand-crocheted curtains, then long drapes. Next year I may make simple quilted drapes to keep the drafts out. It all helps, and I think white flannel will be a good insulator for your windows.

Over time, I've picked up remnants of Polar fleece and made curtains for my windows and even put a piece of navy blue inside my back door. It is amazing how much cold air doesn't come in now. Also try Goodwill or like for blankets. I've hung my fleece curtains from extension rods after making a sleeve at the top for the rod. Easy to slip curtain off to wash and replace.

If I can find a good deal on the fleece that would work also...shirley...

Yes. Maybe polar fleece encased in white flannel for extra warmth. I find fleece throws and such very cheap but not colors or prints that I would want on the windows. I have found nice ones (twin size) for 2.00 in the seasonal sale. Thank you, Shirley

Insulated Winter Window
Insulating Windows
Home and Garden Home Improvement WindowsMarch 27, 2008
pan lined with foil
Lining a Pan With Aluminum Foil
Canopy Bed
Canopy Bed Ideas
Flannel Shirts
Uses for Old Flannel Shirts
Flannel Pillows
Flannel Pillow Instructions
🎉
🎄