Bring Snacks When You Travel

Every summer we make a 1000 mile (one way) drive back home to visit family. I always end up doing last minute shopping and spending too much money to buy snacks for travel, until this year!

Beginning the last month of school until now, I began to save the last bits of snack type foods. If there was just a handful of chips, nuts, cheese crackers, etc left in the bag, a granola bar or two, a bag of trail mix, a 100 cal snack bag, you get the picture. Anyway, I've been pouring the last bit of chips, nuts, etc. into their own sandwich or snack size bags and stored them in a container in my freezer where I also threw the last couple of cheese sticks, etc. from the fridge.

Now, we will be leaving soon and I will have a whole, huge assortment of snacks for my family to choose from without the last minute shopping headache or any added expense! Wow, wish I'd thought of this sooner!

By lyonpridej from Tulsa, OK

June 30, 2010 Flag

When traveling by air, always pack some snack items in your carry-on luggage. In the event of an unexpected delay, you won't be forced to pay airport restaurant prices!

By Becki in Indiana

Family eating food while on vacation.
Saving Money on Food When Traveling
Food and Recipes Food Tips SnacksJune 30, 2010
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Family in Car Leaving in Winter
Saving Money on Holiday Travel
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
A box of Goldfish pretzels snacks.
Saving Money on Diet Snacks
🎉
🎄