A Pastry Blender For Chopping Eggs

Use a pastry blender to easily chop boiled eggs for egg salad.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

I use my egg slicer which can be bought at Walmart for a very small amount of $. It gives a head start and then you can finish chopping with something else. I would not be without it.

Great Idea, never thought of that one! I've use mine to smash up avocados for guacamole!

Thanks fossil1955 :)

A flat bladed pasty blender works well for chopping up cooked potatoes for potato salad.

July 29, 2010 Flag

Another use for a pastry blender. I use my pastry blender for cutting up hard-boiled eggs, yellows and whites. I chop them up with my pastry blender and can add them into my holiday dressing in record time. This beats using a fork or knife anytime!

By Lee from Jesup, GA

August 14, 2008 Flag

I have always used my pastry blender, a hard wire one, to chop up eggs for egg salad. This Sunday I decided to use it to mash up the yokes for deviled eggs I was making for a church lunch.

It worked very well.

Put the yokes in a bowl and use your pastry blender to chop/mash them. After they are the consistency you like, add your ingredients, mix it together, put the mixture in a zip lock baggie, cut the tip off, and fill the whites.

By Ms April from Michigan

Answers:

Use Pastry Blender For Deviled Eggs

Hi: I love your idea of using the pastry blender but I don't understand this sentence. put the mixture in a zip lock baggie, cut the tip off, and fill the whites Why do you put it in a zip lock baggie and what do you cut the tip off. I know I missing something but can't figure out what it is.

Orva (07/31/2008)

By stainless

Use Pastry Blender For Deviled Eggs

Sorry, I just figured it out. You are putting the mixture in the baggie and cutting the tip of the bag and squeezing it into the egg white. Sorry for taking up your time but I will definitely be trying your idea. Orva (07/31/2008)

By

Use Pastry Blender For Deviled Eggs

I've found the easiest way to make deviled eggs is to just put everything into a large ziploc bag and mix it together that way. You don't have to mash the yolks first or anything else, just throw it all in there together, squeeze the air out of the bag before you close it, and then mash it until it's well blended. Then you just cut one of the corners off the bag and fill your eggs. It saves a lot of time and also eliminates the dirty dishes! (07/31/2008)

By tiffanyau

Egg Salad
Making Egg Salad
Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsJuly 29, 2010
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
Homemade Puff Pastry
Homemade Puff Pastry
chopping green onions
Chopping Green Onions
Pastry Blender
Uses for a Pastry Blender
🎉
🎄