Have an Artichoke Party

At our house we have what we call artichoke parties. We sit all around the kitchen table and just eat steamed artichokes. It makes for wonderful family bonding time and we love our veggies. A little butter and garlic salt added we have a very fun evening with lots of giggles and stories.

This is my oldest Grandson, showing that he loves his chokes!

By Lori from Ephrata, WA

Have An Artichoke Party

I LOVE artichokes and it is indeed fun to sit around the table sharing them !!!

Try adding some lemon juice to your butter and garlic sauce as well :-) MmmMmm Good !!!

Another tasty sauce is:

1/2 cup Mayo

4 tsp lemon juice

1/2 to 1 tsp Dijon mustard

Garlic, salt or minced, to taste

And I adore seeing kids love their veggies ;-)

I too love artichokes! It's so unusual to hear people talk about them. I was raised on them and we trim the top and spread the leaves apart as best you can and fill the center with a mixture of diced garlic, parsley and olive oil. If some over flows that's fine. Put them in a pot with a few inches of water. Sprinkle them with salt, pepper and a few drizzles of olive oil. Put a lid on them and steam them until tender. Yummy! Wow I'm getting hungry! I've never tried a dip but now I'll have to! Thanks!

This reminds me of our mid-western "Sweetcorn Suppers" where all we eat is tons and tons of sweet corn. It has to be fresh picked that day so the sugars haven't turned to starch. We all got together around the table and laughed at each others butter smeared faces! Ahhh, traditions.

Photos FoodJanuary 14, 2009
Pesto Pizza Recipes
Pesto Pizza Recipes
Frugal Birthday Party
Frugal Party Locations
Artichoke Sliced in Half
Artichoke Dip Recipes
Jerusalem Artichoke (Sunchoke) Recipes