Artichoke Spread Recipe
Make you own delicious artichoke spread to put on toast or whatever else strikes your fancy. Here is a fantastic artichoke spread recipe
that your whole family will love.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
In our household, we boil artichoke to drink as tea because it is very healthy for our liver, high in antioxidants, and aids digestion.
After boiling the artichokes for 45 minutes to drink as tea. I made artichoke spread for bread slice and added cheese on top. This was a nice light snack.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 artichokes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- Prep your artichokes by cutting the pointy tips. In a large pot bring water to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and allow to cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat, separate the artichokes and collect your tea to drink.
- Using a metal spoon, remove the meat of the artichoke.
- In a bowl, add your artichoke meat, sprinkle dash of salt/pepper and add olive oil.
- In a blender, pulse until you get a cream spread consistency.
- Ready to spread on bread and top with cheese for a nice light snack! We had left over spread and chilled in the fridge for the next 2 days to enjoy.