Making a Sippy Cup Bungee

Does anyone know how to make a bungee to attach to a Sippy cup? My grandson throws his cup and this way he can reel it in himself.

By DonnA. from Garrison, NY

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Not sure this is a good idea. It sounds good in theory but i'm not sure how you could do it safely due to strangulation. Could you attach just enough velcro to make a bracelet attaching the cup to his wrist?

I agree with the first post. I saw the ones they sell on line and I'm surprized no one has had serious or deadly accidents occur with kids. Most of them still have the patton pending on them. They look like a problem waiting to happen with the curlly cord (much like telephone cord and the suction cup that sucks to the high chair not to mention the hard plactic ring that goes around the wrist. I'm like the other poster suggest, I think I would use wide elastic and only make it no more than a total of 5-6 inches long and thats counting the part around his wrist which I would velcro so it could come loose from his wrist easily. These are a few that are sold and the first one is the one I think looks dangerously made. maybe if he is in his high chair or walker etc you could just hook it to that instead of him or his arm.

http://www.sipp  bebusicupho.html

http://www.sipp  deep-bungee.html

this one looks safer. i guess you could cover the elastic with fabric sort of like a hair scrunchie is made.

http://perfectl  ottlebungee.html

Well, I've never seen one but in addition to being a dangerous thing it also sounds like a way to encourage the child to throw again and again. I know I lived in the dark ages but when my boys were small I would pick the cup up a couple of times and tell them each time not to do it again. Then at about the third tome I would tell him I wouldn't get it if he threw it again, and I didn't.

The next couple of times he was using the cup I would tell him after the FIRST time that this was the ONLY time I was getting it. It only took about 3 or 4 throwing times for him to learn when you throw your cup away you loose your juice for good. This child's parents could try that. It worked for me and my mom and her mom and her mom.

Thanks all for the feedback. My grandson is only 1 yr and thinks it's funny when he throws it down, and says ut--oh. This would attach to his highchair only. He's not allowed to carry all over the house and drip all over.

Try using shower curtain rings to tether the cup to the high chair. Make a chain of rings to use that reaches just above the floor. If the child is using the cup while mobile, he should be taught to pick it up himself. This is safer than a bungee cord, because the rings are hard to open, and if they should open, there are no sharp edges. You can also do this with toys and schlitzers on a stroller.

I'd be afraid of this. Possible child could wrap bungee around his neck or have the sippy cup smack him in the face.

Children throw bottles & sippy's away as a sort of game.

Sorry but patience & love are only answer I can give.

Gale from California

Thanks all for feedback. I think a chain of links with a velcro closure is the way to go. Plus teach him not to throw or he looses it!

Crafts Baby ItemsMay 10, 2009
Sippy Cup
Uses for Sippy Cups
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:36:28 AM on 10.0.2.188 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.