Making a Good Cup of Coffee

I love my coffee but it has to be just right for me. I'm not a fan of Starbucks coffee. Years ago, I purchased a cup while shopping at the mall. It was too strong for me. I asked if they had any salt and the answer was, "No."

When you get a cup of coffee and it's too strong, add a little sprinkle of salt to it. It will take the edge off and make it taste much better.

I have bought a new percolator, and can't seem to make a decent cup of coffee. Do you have any suggestions that would help?

Mary C. from Newark, CA

Answers

Best Answer

Always always always start with COLD water. Then add your coffee and you will get good coffee.

By michele (Guest Post)
Best Answer

This is for percolated coffee. I recently came across an old recipe book named "Seems Like I Done It This-a-way" by Cleo Stiles Bryan. She writes:

1/2 cup coffee
3 cups boiling water
Put coffee in the strainer and the water in the bottom of the percolator. Set strainer in place, cover and put over a slow fire. After water begins to bubble up, percolate 3 to 5 minutes.

Answer this Question

3 Archives

I was wanting to know what can I do to make a good cup of coffee. Is there a secret to it?

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesApril 19, 2016
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Good-Cup-of-Coffee-2.html