Refurbishing A Faded Patio Umbrella

contest winner icon

My community has recycling once a month. It is amazing the things you can find that people are throwing out. For example, our deck table needed an umbrella and someone threw one out. It was faded but otherwise in pretty good shape. I decided to spray paint it using an indoor/outdoor paint that is good for wood, metal, and more. I worked perfectly and I have had no problems with the paint running or fading. The umbrella is a little lopsided in the photo but it really isn't crooked!

By LoracMc from IA

What a great idea. I would have thought the paint would crack with the constant opening and closing of the umbrella, but it doesn't seem that way.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Am I right in assuming you painted the fabric part? What was the brand of paint you used?

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Great ideas. You also recovered your chairs with vinyl table cloths. I love your ideas. Keep em coming. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Love the deck chairs too, I'm lovin your ideas!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

You've just reinforced my view that "one person's trash is another's treasure." And there's one less item in the landfill! Good job!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I loved your chair idea too! I will use this idea very soon since my umbrella is pretty sorry looking! Thanks.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

You know, this is a really good idea. I had thought of doing it with my patio umbrella that is faded, but still in good shape. I was wondering if painting it would work but didn't know of anyone trying it yet. Your umbrella gooks new and I bet the paint makes it waterproof. I'm thinking you painted with a type of Rustoleum paint. Thanks for the post.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Great idea! I am going to try it.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Patio Umbrella
Refurbishing a Faded Patio Umbrella
Home and Garden Repair Furniture OutdoorJuly 9, 2010
Installer Pavers
Making a Paving Stone Patio
Umbrella Tree
Growing an Umbrella Tree (Magnolia tripetala)
wood patio umbrella table and chairs
Replacement Parts for Patio Umbrella Table
Blue Chairs and Table on Patio
Repairing Patio Furniture
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 9:26:42 PM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.