Hang Plants on Pulley

For years, I have always lugged a chair over to reach up to my hanging baskets. It was either that or haul them down from their hooks, which still involved lugging a chair over to reach. I finally came up with an idea and it's made life so much easier on me and on my plants. They don't get neglected like they did before when I just didn't feel like climbing up to do them.

I bought a small pulley and some small nylon string. I attached the sting to the hook on the plant, ran the other end through the pulley and down to a hook on the wall. Actually, instead of putting a hook there, I simply unscrewed one of the screws holding my window frame in just enough to catch the string. I made a loop and just loop it over the screw. To prevent the string from going all the way through the pulley when I bring it down, I measured where it should go and tied a small cat toy at that point.

Now when my hanging baskets need watering, I simply unhook the string from it's screw and lower it to easily reach, and when I'm done, I just pull the loop back down and hook it on the screw again! No more hauling chairs all over and lifting heavy plants! My hanging baskets have never looked so good!

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

Cool! I'll try it.

Watering Hanging Plants
Watering Hanging Plants
Home and Garden Gardening Helpful HintsJune 10, 2011
Powdery Mildew on Plants
Treating Plants with Powdery Mildew
Watering a gardening with drip irrigation.
Watering Your Garden
Zombie Boy Climbing Stairs
Making a Plants vs. Zombies Costume
Five Pigeons
Getting Rid of Pigeons
🎉
🎄