Aloe Vera For Sore Gums

Squeeze out a pea size of pure clear aloe vera gel on a clean spoon and add two to three drops of clove oil. Stir together with a cotton swab until you can't see the clove bud oil anymore. Using the cotton swab, you can now dab a little of the mixture lightly on your gums and voila, the pain is numbed. If using for an infant under the age of three, use only one drop of clove bud oil. You can buy the aloe vera gel in its purest form in most grocery stores. Look in the suntan lotion area. You want to make sure it's the pure clear aloe vera, without dyes or other colorants.

By Monika

Isn't clove oil unsafe for small children? I think I would research this further. Just my Opinion, but a drop of liquid tylenol rubbed on gums helps teething pain.

As far as I know, aloe vera gel causes severe diarrhea even in small quantities when ingested. Since this stuff is going in your mouth, obviously some of it will be swallowed. I would never risk giving something like this to an infant without getting medical advice.

Woman holding jaw in pain
Remedies for Sore Gums
Health & Beauty Home RemediesOctober 1, 2004
A doctor examining a child with a sore throat.
Sore Throat Remedies
An aloe plant in a pot.
Growing Aloe
Woman Using Aloe Vera
Uses for Aloe Vera
green and purple Vera Bradley purse
Cleaning a Vera Bradley Bag