A Remedy for a Toothache

For a really painful toothache, dip a piece of cotton in vanilla and put it in the tooth, within 10 to 15 minutes you won't even know you had a toothache. Get to the dentist anyway.

Source: Hand me down from Grandma, she knew everything.

By Kathy from Omaha, NE

This isn't the most sanitary of remedies, but I suffered for years with toothaches. As a last resort, I held the smoke from a cigarette in my mouth for as long as I could. Sometimes, I had to repeat, but most of the time, not. The nicotine is a natural anesthesia, which is one of the reasons smokers lack taste bud sensations after years of abuse. It's the only time I ever "smoked" and unlike that politician, I really didn't "inhale". Another sure fire is a cotton swab of clove oil. Some of the older stores still carry it with a small tweezers and a cotton ball in the box, but now you won't find it that way as easily. It is powerful stuff. And if you have neither, go now to Google and look up the nerve centers at the bottom of your feet...you read it right. All the body is in your feet, and you would be surprised at what you can relieve by finding where it is connected to. Don't laugh, I know just where to massage when I have a headache, joint ache or almost anything that I don't need medical attention for. Never ignore your foundation...

you don't say if it's imatation or pure vanilla extract. will both work or is it the alcohol in the pure that's the cure?

The one thing Dentists use when you have a dry socket is Oil of Clove. It works great for pain and can be bought at your local pharmacy.It will also help with your tooth drawing out the infection and also with pain. You can use this by using a cotton swab (Q-tip). Also read the directions as you must be very careful about using too much. Also Ibuprofin and asprin are good for that. Have you heard about Percogesic it is a really good over the counter medication. It is strong and it does make you tired. If you have problem's with your stomach, ulcer's or IBS try Ascripton (I think that is the right spelling) it is coated and I always like the way it works.

If you have called your dentist they sometimes call in a prescription for a antibiotic before you go to your appointment which also helps but takes a little longer. I hope you fell better soon. I know how miserable toothaches are and toothaches are not high on anyone's list for a good time. Hope you feel better soon! Darlene

IT WORKS!!!!!!

Okies... Well a friend of mine was suffering from a horrible toothache and had no way to get any medication for it. She called me complaining and had not slept for quite sometime. Well all the old standards I knew about like liquor, oil of cloves, asprin directly on the tooth etc, weren't available to her. I asked my 90 year old grandmother. She had read something in a 1920's local paper. Sounded nutty to me. But I told my friend about it. And what do you know . It actually worked and she went to sleep within 20 mins comfortably. It's totally natural.

Take a rasin and split it open. Fill it with pepper. Place on the bad tooth or area where you are hurting and leave it there. Within 20 mins you should be feeling some relief. Don't thank god...Thank my grandma.

Thank you so much! I have been in pain for the past 3 days and I tried the vanilla and it worked instantly!

Acid water gargle for thirty seconds only do this three times a day it's affective and last for hours

So thankful for your Grandma, please tell her I said thank you! This actually worked and gave me some relief to where I feel like I just might get some sleep tonight. What is strange is I am on a pretty high dose of pain meds for other reasons and they don't seem to touch tooth pain, however something I bake with all the time works wonders. More and more I'm convinced we need to go back to the old ways.

Man With Toothache
Home Remedies For Toothache
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 14, 2008
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair