Tea Tree Oil For Toothaches

contest winner icon

Most toothaches are caused by an infection around the tooth. It is between the tooth and the gums causing pressure. Try coating the area with Tea Tree Oil on a Q-tip. Try to keep your tougue away from it, it tastes terrible. Do this two or three times a day if you can. It takes about two days to have an effect. After the pain is gone continue it for one more day as insurance, There are two types of the tea tree oil available, get the one that is about $15, it works.

By Dave from Oshawa, ON

If you have an infected tooth you need to see a dentist. Infection will not go away if the tooth is bad. Delay may cause you to lose the tooth. Also Tea tree oil is acidic and can cause damage to enamel.

I agree with the last poster. Besides, if you have toothache, and are not able to have the tooth looked after right away, Oragel is the product to use. It is specifically for teeth and gums, is very effective in pain relief, and costs about $6 for a tube.

Oil of cloves is also supposed to help, but Oragel is much better. (I have this info from my mom.)

I have to disagree with this post. Tea tree oil is a wonderful topical antiseptic; however, it is toxic and should never be taking internally.

Anonymous

I am so sorry but ingesting tea tree oil can be life threatening (and if it's in your mouth you're bound to swallow some of it) and especially threatening for those who happen to be allergic to it. As Louel53 mentioned use oil of cloves or orajel and as Lilac said you need to get to the dentist asap for tooth pain.

I've used oil of cloves in the past for relief until I could get to the dentist and it worked well; you can ask your pharmacist for it.

Anonymous

Also use 100% clove oil. Dab some onto a Qtip, put in the absess and around the gum line.