I Scorched the Apples for My Jelly

I scorched my apples for jelly; what can I do to get the burnt taste out?

By Jo from Radford, VA

Nothing dear. You must throw them out. We all burn something now and then. The sooner they are gone the sooner you will forget it.

Don't throw them out! you can turn them into bbq sauce, hot sauce, base of a cake, add to cookie recipe, etc. I burned 11 lbs of peach preserves and made 1/3 into cinnamon peach preserves, another 1/3 into ginger-lemon peach preserves and the final third into bbq sauce. The bbq sauce was the winner!

whars your recipe for the bar b q sauce

Sadly the scorched taste will not come out. Throw it out, it can not be made to taste like anything else but the scorched taste it has now. We all burn something every once in a while and it hurts when a whole batch of something, that was hard work to start with, is ruined. Perhaps a lower heat such as a medium, and lots of stirring will save your next batch. Welcome to the 'been there, done that' cooks.