Getting the Scorched Taste Out of Preserves

I was making pear preserves and I let them stick. Before I knew it they had scorched. I changed pans, but they taste a little scorched. How do you get the scorched taste out of pear preserves?

By Aurelia from Greenbrier, AR

I don't know of a way to fix the scorched taste, but I would suggest eating it with peanut butter to mask the taste.

I made ginger pear jam and it scorched. Adding cinnamon blended well to mask it that no one has noticed at all.

Made a small pot of Plum Sauce, unfortunately, I turned my back for less than a minute... Needless to say that was enough time for it to scorch (it was on a low heat)
I took the advice and tried cinnamon, tried the result on my wife as all I could taste was the scorch, her comment was if she really thinks about it can taste the scorch very slightly!

I am very happy with the outcome as it is to be the topping on a Cheesecake... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the suggestion!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesOctober 7, 2011
🍀
💘