Cleaning Black Burnt-on Stuff from Stainless Steel

For burned-on black yuk in a stainless steel pot or a glass one, use bleach (like Clorox). Pour in enough to cover. Usually by the next morning, the black will be gone. Even if the charred part is thick, the bleach will loosen it enough that your pot can be saved, and with no strenuous scrubbing. Some pots will require more than one overnight (don't ask how I know).

By Galey from Boyce, LA

My daughter likes to start cooking then leave it to long, to clean my pots and pans I use from the 'pampered chef' these little brown plastic things that have different edges for different pots all you do is scrape then most of it comes out, all you would need is a brillo for the rest but its not bad. there great, if its really bad I put some dish soap and water to cover and put it back on the stove let it boil for a few minutes then leave it to soak

Boil the pot or whatever it is in a solution of 1 cup bleach and fill the rest with water boil for 1 hour pour the solution out and wipe with soapy towel rinse cook and burn on works everytime no scrubing needed after you are ready to pour the water out. makes them look brand new. also soaking in boric acid will help but you must scrub with this one.

Editor's Note: I'm afraid it might boil dry in an hour so make sure you watch the pan. Also you will get bleach fumes so use good ventilation.

Wash the pots as clean as possible and dry with paper towel. Spray with oven cleaner (lots!) and leave lid on. Let it sit for a night and the next morning you should be able to scrape off the dirt with a wooden spoon. Repeat if necessary. It really works; I know!

Galey, I tried the bleach in the pot suggestion and leaving it overnight. It worked wonders. I didn't have to scrub and didn't have to give up on my stockpot. Thank you for your suggestion.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMay 15, 2006
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
🎉
🎄