Healthy Weight Gain

I am a 39 old single 5 ft male, my weight is just 45 kg. I want to gain weight. What should I do?

By shahzad from India

You need to build that extra weight with protein and weight lifting.

You can try protein powders that you mix up as a drink, following the label directions. But be sure that you are also drinking enough water, and exercising as well, as using protein supplements without exercise or lifting weights can cause a buildup of chemicals that can shut down the kidneys.

You really would do best by discussing with your doctor.

I'd first detox with a liver cleanse of Milk Thistle, 1000 mg. twice a week for two weeks. It will be a good beginning.

then if you can afford it, try a parasite cleanse after normal eating for one week. If not, begin by adding a little more salt to your diet of higher carbs and fish, Almod milk from the health food store. Include organic cheeses and yogurt

daily, with organic cereals in the Heart to Heart brand and the Kellog Raisen Bran, using only Almond Milk. Take

multi-vitamins and minerals twice a day, with B-complex, and eat every three hours sandwiches with your choice of meats or veggies inside.

Increase your organic snacks, and eat one banana a day, if possible, along with 4 slices of whole grain or white bread.

One hour before bedtime, eat a pint/quart of Sorbet ice cream, for several weeks, if you can afford it. Include with it one candy bar, brushing well immediately afterward.

Eat organic butter with all breads where possible. Try to eat at least one extra meal per day, and drink less liquid the first month.

Organic Milk is one of the most fattening things one can eat that is still healthy. But, if you are exercising you may burn off too much of the weight you are trying to gain.

If you want mostly muscle, you should eat more pasta, and meats with every meal, and consider making shakes with two raw eggs with whey added to flavoring.

If you go to the library you will find several books that will show you how best to increase the parts of your body that need it the most.

In America, it seems that the men want to add more muscle to the upper body, thighs, and calves. I don't know what your goals are, but I believe you will gain with this in mind.

God bless and help you. : )

In order to maintain your stamina its important to keep your weight stable, eat right and exercise regularly.

May 9, 2010 Flag

I'm 25 years old, 5 feet tall, and 80 pounds. I am wondering if you have advice to help me gain weight? What foods should I eat? How many calories?

Health & Beauty NutritionMay 9, 2010
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
A woman trying to choose between an apple or a cupcake.
Dieting Tips and Tricks
A skinny dog eating.
Helping a Dog Gain Weight
Skinny German Shepherd Laying Down
Skinny German Shepherd