Enzyme Cleaner Didn't Completely Remove Urine Odor

By Debbie 12 21

We tried the Nature's Miracle enzyme cleaner and steam cleaning to get dog urine smells out of our carpet. It helped but didn't take it away completely. Are we doomed to just tear up the carpet and start over? Or is there a last ditch effort we can try to banish the smell for good?

As it stands right now, you can only smell it if you have your nose right up to it but if we can smell it then the dog surely will and we don't want her to be tempted. Has anyone tried anything that got rid of the odor for good?

Debbie from Garden City, MI

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

When we had puppies, I used diluted vinegar. That seemed to work, plus its a lot cheaper than all the fancy products you can buy.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Judi 18 938 Flag

I'm afraid if Nature's Miracle didn't do it you may have to replace tha carpet pad in at least that spot. However, we used to instruct people to cover that spot with something the dog couldn't scoot away for a few days or weeks until the smell had totally gone and then you can move it and the dog has forgotten. May look funny to see a floor lamp right in the middle of your living room but sure beats a big urine spot! I would also try pouring soda pretty heavily on that spot and leaving it there until memory has faded. My dog had some accidents (not sure that's the right word!) and I just cleaned with Nature's Miracle and she never went back to those spots...that I know of.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By kristi 4 4 Flag

Wal-mart has some stuff called Odo-Ban. We just finished training our puppy and this is what worked for us. She acted like she didn't like the smell, cause she'd go up to the spot that was wet and sniff, then turn and run. I also sprayed it on my couch and now she won't get up on it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan 14 122 Flag

Vinegar worked well for me, also. I have hard wood floors and ceramic tile in the breezeway. From cleaning these 2 places my mop heads smelled awful. Was suggested here to soak them in vinegar, then wash them. I now put about 1/2 cup white vinegar in the bucket with some liquid soap. No more smelly mop heads, ceramic tile or wood floors!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

There was an article in the paper tonight that suggested a product called Nok-Out. It said it could be purchased at Nokout.com. I haven't tried it yet, but the lady that writes the column has never been wrong yet.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By ellen wagner 18 69 Flag

I use hydrogen peroxide. It work with anything organic. Soak the spot with peroxide, Let it work until it stops foaming, or for 10-15 minutes. Blot until dry or shampoo.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Janet 11 720 Flag

At the Dollar Tree Dollar Store, I bought a bottle of Urine Smell Begone for $1.00! It does seem to work for me.

I used vinegar like one of the other posters on my last puppy, it also seems to work.

Resolve Carpet Cleaner didn't work.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I use Biozyme from Cavalier or Attack! available in the west coast. Both are enzymatic cleaners that janitors use for lavatories. Attack! is my favorite has a pleasant smell and definitely gets rid of cat urine odor.Try a janitorial supply company.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Apple Cider Vinegar does something to the PH of urine and removes the smell--you can use a syringe to insert some into the padding under the carpet and clean the surface with it--also a combination of peroxide, baking soda, and a tablespoon of liquid dish soap does wonders for removing urine smell and stains--I got cat pee out of a mattress that way--it was amazing!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By JB 34 Flag

There is a product called BioWorld Odor Neutralizer that is REALLY good at taking care of any type of odor. I have been using it for YEARS! I just got a new puppy in March and it took a while to potty train her. We are still having a few accidents. Whenever she has an accident, I get out Spot bot on it right away and I put some of the Odor Neutralizer in the solution and it takes care of the smell. My house she really stink right now with as many times as she has gone but you cannot tell!

http://www.adbio.com/odor/odor-control.htm

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I don't know if you've found anything yet, but we use "Kids n' Pets" instant all purpose stain and odor remover". We moved into a rental home that had the most offensive, overwhelming cat urine/dog smell I have ever smelled. I thoroughly saturated the carpets and let it air dry, with in an hour it was already smelling better. It is amazing stuff. You can get it at Walmart or Target or Amazon.com. It's less than 5 bucks for a bottle that does like a whole bedroom plus some left over.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By DonnaT 2 Flag

I tried the vinegar and it set the urine stink. Now the carpet smells terrible, not vinegary but like dog urine. Tried the enzyme treatment and it smelled great until the next morning. Now the ammonia smell is back. Any ideas?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Odor Eliminator
Odor Eliminator Product Reviews
Previous
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJuly 2, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
orange house cat
Homemade Cat Urine Cleaner Recipes
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Cleaning Toilet
Removing Urine Odor from a Bathroom
Odor Eliminator
Odor Eliminator Product Reviews
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:09:07 PM on 10.0.0.50 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings