Odor Eliminator Product Reviews

Category Cleaning
There are many products that take away odor. Some work better with with specific smells. This is a guide about odor eliminating product reviews.

We tried the Nature's Miracle enzyme cleaner and steam cleaning to get dog urine smells out of our carpet. It helped but didn't take it away completely. Are we doomed to just tear up the carpet and start over? Or is there a last ditch effort we can try to banish the smell for good?

As it stands right now, you can only smell it if you have your nose right up to it but if we can smell it then the dog surely will and we don't want her to be tempted. Has anyone tried anything that got rid of the odor for good?

Debbie from Garden City, MI

Answers

When we had puppies, I used diluted vinegar. That seemed to work, plus its a lot cheaper than all the fancy products you can buy.

I'm afraid if Nature's Miracle didn't do it you may have to replace tha carpet pad in at least that spot. However, we used to instruct people to cover that spot with something the dog couldn't scoot away for a few days or weeks until the smell had totally gone and then you can move it and the dog has forgotten. May look funny to see a floor lamp right in the middle of your living room but sure beats a big urine spot! I would also try pouring soda pretty heavily on that spot and leaving it there until memory has faded. My dog had some accidents (not sure that's the right word!) and I just cleaned with Nature's Miracle and she never went back to those spots...that I know of.

Wal-mart has some stuff called Odo-Ban. We just finished training our puppy and this is what worked for us. She acted like she didn't like the smell, cause she'd go up to the spot that was wet and sniff, then turn and run. I also sprayed it on my couch and now she won't get up on it.

Vinegar worked well for me, also. I have hard wood floors and ceramic tile in the breezeway. From cleaning these 2 places my mop heads smelled awful. Was suggested here to soak them in vinegar, then wash them. I now put about 1/2 cup white vinegar in the bucket with some liquid soap. No more smelly mop heads, ceramic tile or wood floors!

There was an article in the paper tonight that suggested a product called Nok-Out. It said it could be purchased at Nokout.com. I haven't tried it yet, but the lady that writes the column has never been wrong yet.

I use hydrogen peroxide. It work with anything organic. Soak the spot with peroxide, Let it work until it stops foaming, or for 10-15 minutes. Blot until dry or shampoo.

At the Dollar Tree Dollar Store, I bought a bottle of Urine Smell Begone for $1.00! It does seem to work for me.
I used vinegar like one of the other posters on my last puppy, it also seems to work.
Resolve Carpet Cleaner didn't work.

I use Biozyme from Cavalier or Attack! available in the west coast. Both are enzymatic cleaners that janitors use for lavatories. Attack! is my favorite has a pleasant smell and definitely gets rid of cat urine odor.Try a janitorial supply company.

Apple Cider Vinegar does something to the PH of urine and removes the smell--you can use a syringe to insert some into the padding under the carpet and clean the surface with it--also a combination of peroxide, baking soda, and a tablespoon of liquid dish soap does wonders for removing urine smell and stains--I got cat pee out of a mattress that way--it was amazing!

Model: Febreze Scentstories

Manufacturer: Procter and Gamble

Is Febreze Scentstories worth the money? How long does it last?

Kim from Mineral, VA

Answers

i have the machine and several disc's I love them and turn them both on 1 hr. before company comes. we r all smokers and it really works well. the disc turn off itself after it goes thru the cycle of all scents. aprox. 1 hr. then i turn it on again. so far i have gotten about 8 hrs out of 1 disc. Watch sunday paper adds for coupons of 10.00 off machine and 1$ of disc. I feel i have spent my $$$$ wisely. the scent is very good.

You can save a whole lot of money by refilling the discs yourself with your own choice of fragrances.

Go to eBay, and search for "You NEEDN'T BUY ONE MORE ScentStories Disc".

Image this could be very much the only package I have picked up from the last three which felt heavier and sprays lighter.

Have any ThriftyFun readers used PureAyre Odor Eliminator? And, if so, would they recommend it?

By abc8xyz