Anchor Tea Bags With a Clothespin

While making tea, the "end papers" kept getting to close to the burner. So I used a clothespin to anchor them in place. Afterward, I opened the tea bags and put them in with the coffee grounds to put on the roses and in the garden.

Source: I got tired of burnt fingers. ;-)

By Great Granny Vi

Another great trick. I don't make hot tea at home but love your suggestion. Thanks!!

That idea is nifty. I can't wait to try it.

I just pull the tags off the bags and drop the strings in the pot. Then use a spoon/fork to hold the bags as I pour the tea into the pitcher. As a child, we used to argue over who was going to pull the tags off the tea bags! lol

Why not just use a teapot? Or am I missing something here?

Anonymous

What a great idea GG Vi and glad to know you recycle, too! :-)

And, blackbess, not everyone owns a teapot (including myself), whether cannot afford and/or not have room for, so why not use a pan?

Also, this batch of tea looks like it wouldn't fit in a tea cup, daisychain ;-) LOL :-)

Huh? Why don't you just pour boiling water into the cup with the tea bag? Trust me, we Brits love our tea and know these things!

Do use a teapot, if you check with your local thrift shop you can get a pot for about $1.00 (plain) or $4.00 (pretty) and being an English person, it taste so much better pouring out of a teapot, lol!

Anonymous

I heat the water for tea in a kettle on my stove, then I have a warm teapot (put hot water into a nice teapot) available to receive the boiling water for tea; I use tea leaves and a strainer to brew the tea. I also put my used tea leaves on my roses and other plants. I also use used coffee grounds to fertilize plants.

When I make tea in a pan or sun tea I take the tags off & tie a knot at the end of the strings tying them together & put the strings in the water (sun tea) or over the pan for pan tea. This keeps all the strings together then just pull them all out at the same time all at once. When I make a single cup of hot tea I heat the water in the microwave then put the bag in with the string with the tag hanging out of the cup.