Making MoneyBudget & Finance

Earning Extra Money With Consignment Stores

I recently got into a financial snag and need help with money. I saw the other day on a TV show that this girl was selling her clothes to a used/vintage store. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any place in El Paso knew where I could sell clothes? Thanks in advance.

By Jackie from El Paso, TX

Have a yard sale or put ads in papers, good luck.

Look in your phone book and/or online under secondhand/vintage clothing, or consignment shops to find your local outlets. Usually vintage shops that carry different sorts of clothes from consignment shops, where clothes are generally newer, high-end merchandise. Designer labels are always good.

Anonymous

If you sell on consignment make sure every item is listed and read the fine print of the contract because many consignment contracts end after a certain amount of days/months and the property becomes theirs if it doesn't sell by then if you don't pick it up by the end of the contract.

You could also list and sell items on Craigslist but meet in a public place for the exchange and the terms be cash only.

I went to http://maps.google.com and entered El Paso, TX. Then, I clicked Search Nearby and entered used clothing. I did see quite a few used clothing stores, but some are likely charities, like Goodwill. Call ahead about whether they buy, what they buy, etc. before taking your stuff there. Another idea is if you donate your clothing to a charity, you might be able to get a tax deduction.