Earning Income from Online Surveys

It is important to be careful when considering earning extra money with this kind of activity. This guide is about earning income for online surveys.

It's been many years since I purchased a brand new handbag for myself. At first, I searched thrift stores and estate sales and didn't find anything to my liking. Either the purses were too big, too small or too old fashioned.

There is a T.J. Maxx Store that recently opened in my area. I had purchased a few things over the summer months and applied for their TJX Rewards Plantinum MasterCard where rewards can be earned when I shop. The customer can earn 5 points per $1 spent at T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods, or earn 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else where MasterCard is accepted. For every 1,000 points earned the customer receives a $10 reward certificate.

Whenever I went shopping instead of paying in cash I used my TJX Rewards Plantinum MasterCard. Within a short period of time, I earned two $10 reward certificates. I also had an extra $20 check stashed away that I had received from doing online surveys. I went to the bank to cash my $20 check and added that money along with the two rewards certificates. So now I had $40 to spend on anything in the store.

The handbags were located in the front of the store, and didn't really want to spend a lot of time in shopping for one. Some I looked at were really out of my price range, especially those priced at $69.99 and higher. I removed a handbag from the top hook priced at $39.99, and that was the only one of it's kind.

All of the sudden, the alarm lock on the purse started beeping and then I got scared thinking that I would be be accused of attempting to steal the purse. I had to think fast then I took the purse to customer service and explained that I was only looking at it when the alarm went off. The sales clerk assured me that it happens quite often, then she took a key and shut off the alarm.

I picked up the purse, walked over to the display and was ready to hang it up and keep right on searching for one I was to buy. But a thought hit me, the purse was trying to tell me, BUY ME, BUY ME! The purse cost me a whopping $3.20 the price of the sales tax.

What a bargain!

By Marjorie from LEWISTON, NY

I signed up for surveys that you get points for answering. They give rewards of either merchandise or cash. For the last 4 years each October, I turn in the points for gift cards or merchandise to be used as gifts. The survey site, My Points is excellent and NFO Surveys. You can also receive points toward merchandise from credit cards IF you used them for gas or shopping. I do a lot of my Christmas shopping this way, its been a big help saving money, and still giving nice gifts to the people I care about.

By Jan from Carleton, MI

This site is a site I have tried. I did about two weeks worth of surveys, and earned 100 opinion points. I take that back, I earned 140 opinion points and cashed out through Paypal for fourteen dollars. I chose to redeem. They really do pay. You can choose other methods of claiming rewards such as an Amazon.com card or games or making a donation to the Red Cross. That is really nice but I need the money! :)

A friend told me so I went and checked it out and it was true. So I am passing it on to you guys.

Link: https://www.opinionoutpost.com/

When shopping in certain stores, they ask you to complete a survey online or on the phone. If you complete the survey they give you a code and you qualify for a specific percentage off your next purchase.

No matter how much you spent.

Swag Bucks is an online rewards program that earns you points (Swag Bucks) when you shop at selected retailers. This is a guide about swag bucks reviews.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I've joined a couple of survey sites online to earn a few extra bucks. Some award money (haven't seen any yet) and some award points towards rewards. Have any of you joined these survey sites? Which ones have you found really do pay and are worth your while?

I don't want to waste time with sites that promise rewards (either $ or points) and then don't deliver. Thanks in advance for your kind answers!

By Jennifer from Tonawanda, NY

Answers

I have had lots of fun using e-rewards (www.e-rewards.com). I think I was somehow "invited" to join it through Borders (the book store) as a Borders member or something. So, I don't know what the sign-up rules are like, but I can tell you that they are legit. You fill out surveys and then you get money awarded. You can't get the money cashed out, but you can use it for various things like airline points, some shopping discounts (very specific selection of merchandise/stores). But the thing I like it for is that you can get free magazine subscriptions!! I have received nearly all my mag subscriptions in recent years this way. They tend to rotate their available subscriptions (the really good ones anyway) and some they have all the time. Some ones I have received: Woman's Day, Real Simple, Parents, Women's Health, Shape, etc.
Good luck!

Has anyone signed up with Highest Pay Surveys, does it really pay you?

Robin from Indiana

Answers

By sandy (Guest Post)

i have never heard of highest pay surveys. i do participate in nfo surveys and hipoints. yes i am getting points that will eventually let me buy something. it takes an awful long time tho.

By aeromama (Guest Post)

Hi! I haven't heard of them either...but i do serveys on i think it's called surveyspot, and so far haven't gotten anything. I'm starting to think they're a waste of time! :) aeromama

By laura (Guest Post)

i'm on surveyspot along with others and i have, to date, earned 15 or 20 dollars from surveyspot. (over the course of 6 months or so)

I, too, would like some real feedback from people who have tried highest pay before i give them my money. :) happy surveying.

By Dylan (Guest Post)

I found this review.

http://www.high  .info-watch.com/

By (Guest Post)

I joined this company and it was very difficult to use and I recieved nothing. I wrote to them 5 times to ask for my money back guarantee and never heard from them! STAY AWAY!

Does anyone have any experience with the survey site www.bigspot.com? I have seen it advertised on TV.

Thanks.

By Darla from Grand Prairie, TX

Answers

I would like any info on online surveys. I know that some can cause problems for your PC. I am looking for some good ones to make extra money at home.

Nanabn

Has anyone had results, good or bad, from the online survey sites? Are they too good to be true?

Thanks,
Roz from Victoria, BC

Answers

I do surveys for E-Rewards....and it's awesome. That's how I get all of my magazine subscriptions....free! You have to be a member of one of their cosumers (Blockbuster, Delta, Hertz, etc.), with a valid account number. It may take a week or two before you hear back from them. They have to get approval from whichever consumer you choose. Check it out if you're interested:

www.erewards.com

If anyone else knows of some legit survey sites, please forward them on!!

You shouldn't HAVE to spend money to do surveys, or be a customer. I love thrifty fun. I won a contest and thriftyfun sent me a money order. They are legit! I am so sick of all the surveys that give you the runaround, or you have to buy so much first.

Pinecone Research, Lightspeed Panel, and MyPoints are all legit. I participate in these three an make $5-$10 per month total.

I was wondering. Has anyone ever participated in the get paid to take surveys? It sounds too good. I would like to make some extra money but stay at home for my family (I already work part time). Any advice out there?

Styls29

Answers

I have participated in focus groups a few times. It was easy money. If you meet their criteria and the timing is convenient for you, you can get paid for giving your opinion. There are a few rules and one is that you can only participate every six months, so you won't make tons of money. The most I have ever made for one session is $75. Once I got there last and they already had all the people they needed, but paid me anyway!

I had signed up for some of those surveys and I quite frankly stopped doing them because they took too much of my time. (online). On the other hand, I did do the get paid to surf the web, and got a $30.00 check for doing it for about a month. Only thing is I had quit doing it because they mailed the check 2 months later and I thought they weren't going to pay me. Oh well, slowed down my surfing anyway! ;)

I have several survey sites that do pay out and check does come fairly quick. You just have to fit the right type for their surveys.

-Mabel

guest client

I have participated in focus groups and got paid for giving my opinion from every thing from watching a movie to eating pickles and using condoms as much as $150.00. Look in the paper to find these in your area. UCLA does studies, too.

guest client

Check out
http://www.craigslist.com
for your city and look under etc. jobs for focus groups etc. Also for online surveys I recommend http://www.mysurvey.com and http://www.greenfieldonline.com.

I have done surveys online...I even went as far as paying for one of them, to give you a list of them..Thank God it was a money back garuntee, because I never ended up making any money off that one..There is a really cool website..Arlana's Corner..Not only does she have GREAT freebies, but she also has a whole list of paid surveys web addresses...Its a wonderful place to go..Its in yahoo groups i do believe....Some sites, i have made money or got prizes on...Others ya gotta watch out for...I am currently looking for something to do at home, where you dont have to invest alot of money to do, and i am tired of getting ripped off..If anyone knows of anything please let me know..Thank YOU

By James (Guest Post)

I have made about $300 in a month by taking online surveys. The secret is you must sign up with every research company you can find. That increases your chances of getting invited to surveys that pay cash. I found a great free site that lists over 400 companies. It's called survey-networks.com, it has the biggest list of sites I have ever seen and it's totally free. So if your curious about the whole survey thing I recommend checking this site out.

http://www.survey-networks.com

By (Guest Post)

http://www.yellowsurveys.com is a great free site! Thanks for the post earlier.

By Chris (Guest Post)

I have recently done a $40 survey from Adobe on Global Test Market, Received Clamato to taste test and Dockers clothing from bzz agent, and done several $3-$8 surveys from Test Spin, Gozing Surveys, NFO My Survey. I made about $150 last month and could have made more but I didn't take all the surveys I was offered. Thye trick is learning how to work the system and how to figure out what they are looking for so that you can qualify for more surveys. For most of the companies I do not fill out the profile. Seems like I get more offers that way.
Here is a good site for paid survey information:
http://www.wahmservice.com

By (Guest Post)

Another great site is: http://www.surveybounty.com

For Canadian Paid Surveys check out: http://www.canadianpaidsurveys.com

Cheers!

Is Inboxddollars.com a legit website or is it a scam?

By cutiepie37 from Dothan, AL

By Jennifer from Tonawanda, NY

Answers:

Survey Sites That Pay

I've had good luck with Opinion Outpost and Surveyhead (slow, but pay consistently). But even if a site pays out as promised, sometimes your demographics just aren't a good fit and you won't get many surveys so it takes months to make payout. I started out signing up for around twenty different places, then just made payout and gave up on the ones that offered the fewest surveys and stuck with the ones that seemed to need my demographic the most. One good place to check for reviews and user comments about different survey sites is http://www.surveypolice.com (04/06/2010)

By MrsRose

Survey Sites That Pay

I joined valuedopinions.com. Once you reach $20 (one survey can run from about .50 to $3.00) then I order a prepaid VISA card which should take 28 days to arrive, but these past couple of months I have had to wait 2 months. You can also get a $20 Amazon.com code. I joined many other survey sites, but this one seems to be the best. (04/08/2010)

By Cynthia

Survey Sites That Pay

I have not found any that pay, and usually they are a waste of time. Also be careful what info you give out. You may also find you are getting more than your share of junk mail. Also the sites which promise you something free, but you have to buy, or request information are a big rip off. Good luck. (04/11/2010)

By Sandi

Survey Sites That Pay

Well survey sites are the good way of earning money. There is a great option of online moneymaking sites. Here is a list at: http://esurveysites.blogspot.com (05/30/2010)

By manpreet

Does anyone know any survey sites that really pay for filling out surveys?

Pam from Georgia

Answers:

Survey Site That Pay

Pinecone Research pays $5 per survey, but they only accept new people once in a while.

Lightspeed Panel lets you earn points that can be redeemed for paypal cash or gift cards.

Mypoints.com lets you earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards.

You can't expect to make a living this way, but I guess every little bit counts. I probably make about $10 per month through these survey sites. (03/22/2007)

By Allison

Survey Site That Pay

Try mysurvey.com. Right now I have $86.00 in my account. That has taken like 4 to 6 months to get. No, I can't make real living money but I do get lots of samples and freebies and coupons. I have been able to use the freebies as presents many many times so therefore I didn't have to buy anything. (03/22/2007)

By sandy

Survey Site That Pay

I'm in the UK but Pinecone is very good if you can find one of their banners. They paid £4 in vouchers for surveys. I also do Mutualpoints and have just had my first £20 but it took ages for me to collect the points. (03/23/2007)

By Angela Tarren

Survey Site That Pay

I have tried these and think they're all garbage. (03/23/2007)

By nirav

Survey Site That Pay

Stanford University does surveys and they give you points each time you complete one. I think you can turn the points into cash. Sorry, I can't remember the website address. (03/23/2007)

By Janice C.

Survey Site That Pay

Surveyspot.com is pretty decent. They have cash and contest surveys. I've gotten a couple hundred over the last year from them. (03/27/2007)

By Concetta

Survey Site That Pay

Send me your email address and I'll send you the Free ones I do and get checks in the mail from them. (03/27/2007)

By melinda

Survey Site That Pay

Thanks, could you please email them to me at pamwil88 AT yahoo. com. (03/27/2007)

By pam

Survey Site That Pay

I love inbox dollars. It is a really neat site. I do a survey a day at 1 each, I get paid for using a search tool, and the site is way cool. I make about 30 a month from surveys, paid emails and searching.

The site is http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=latte4me2day. (06/03/2007)

By jennifer(the java junkie)

Survey Sites That Pay

Try this website http://www.freebuckssite.com/?ref=606 They will pay you under 24 hours provided that you have made over $0.50 by doing their surveys. Trust me, they really do pay you and you won't have to wait weeks for payment. (10/20/2008)

By Cole

Has anyone tried those places on line where you get paid to do surveys? Are they on the up-and-up, or are they a scam like the old envelope-stuffing one?