Earning Income from Online Surveys

It is important to be careful when considering earning extra money with this kind of activity. This guide is about earning income for online surveys.

It's been many years since I purchased a brand new handbag for myself. At first, I searched thrift stores and estate sales and didn't find anything to my liking. Either the purses were too big, too small or too old fashioned.

There is a T.J. Maxx Store that recently opened in my area. I had purchased a few things over the summer months and applied for their TJX Rewards Plantinum MasterCard where rewards can be earned when I shop. The customer can earn 5 points per $1 spent at T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods, or earn 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else where MasterCard is accepted. For every 1,000 points earned the customer receives a $10 reward certificate.

Whenever I went shopping instead of paying in cash I used my TJX Rewards Plantinum MasterCard. Within a short period of time, I earned two $10 reward certificates. I also had an extra $20 check stashed away that I had received from doing online surveys. I went to the bank to cash my $20 check and added that money along with the two rewards certificates. So now I had $40 to spend on anything in the store.

The handbags were located in the front of the store, and didn't really want to spend a lot of time in shopping for one. Some I looked at were really out of my price range, especially those priced at $69.99 and higher. I removed a handbag from the top hook priced at $39.99, and that was the only one of it's kind.

All of the sudden, the alarm lock on the purse started beeping and then I got scared thinking that I would be be accused of attempting to steal the purse. I had to think fast then I took the purse to customer service and explained that I was only looking at it when the alarm went off. The sales clerk assured me that it happens quite often, then she took a key and shut off the alarm.

I picked up the purse, walked over to the display and was ready to hang it up and keep right on searching for one I was to buy. But a thought hit me, the purse was trying to tell me, BUY ME, BUY ME! The purse cost me a whopping $3.20 the price of the sales tax.

What a bargain!

By MCW from LEWISTON, NY

I signed up for surveys that you get points for answering. They give rewards of either merchandise or cash. For the last 4 years each October, I turn in the points for gift cards or merchandise to be used as gifts. The survey site, My Points is excellent and NFO Surveys. You can also receive points toward merchandise from credit cards IF you used them for gas or shopping. I do a lot of my Christmas shopping this way, its been a big help saving money, and still giving nice gifts to the people I care about.

By Jan from Carleton, MI

This site is a site I have tried. I did about two weeks worth of surveys, and earned 100 opinion points. I take that back, I earned 140 opinion points and cashed out through Paypal for fourteen dollars. I chose to redeem. They really do pay. You can choose other methods of claiming rewards such as an Amazon.com card or games or making a donation to the Red Cross. That is really nice but I need the money! :)

A friend told me so I went and checked it out and it was true. So I am passing it on to you guys.

Link: https://www.opinionoutpost.com/

When shopping in certain stores, they ask you to complete a survey online or on the phone. If you complete the survey they give you a code and you qualify for a specific percentage off your next purchase. No matter how much you spent.

By Evelyn from Oceanside, CA

Swag Bucks is an online rewards program that earns you points (Swag Bucks) when you shop at selected retailers. This is a guide about swag bucks reviews.

A person using a laptop computer.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I've joined a couple of survey sites online to earn a few extra bucks. Some award money (haven't seen any yet) and some award points towards rewards. Have any of you joined these survey sites? Which ones have you found really do pay and are worth your while?

I don't want to waste time with sites that promise rewards (either $ or points) and then don't deliver. Thanks in advance for your kind answers!

By Jennifer from Tonawanda, NY

Answers

I have had lots of fun using e-rewards (www.e-rewards.com). I think I was somehow "invited" to join it through Borders (the book store) as a Borders member or something. So, I don't know what the sign-up rules are like, but I can tell you that they are legit. You fill out surveys and then you get money awarded. You can't get the money cashed out, but you can use it for various things like airline points, some shopping discounts (very specific selection of merchandise/stores). But the thing I like it for is that you can get free magazine subscriptions!! I have received nearly all my mag subscriptions in recent years this way. They tend to rotate their available subscriptions (the really good ones anyway) and some they have all the time. Some ones I have received: Woman's Day, Real Simple, Parents, Women's Health, Shape, etc.
Good luck!

Has anyone signed up with Highest Pay Surveys, does it really pay you?

Robin from Indiana

Answers

i have never heard of highest pay surveys. i do participate in nfo surveys and hipoints. yes i am getting points that will eventually let me buy something. it takes an awful long time tho.

Hi! I haven't heard of them either...but i do serveys on i think it's called surveyspot, and so far haven't gotten anything. I'm starting to think they're a waste of time! :) aeromama

i'm on surveyspot along with others and i have, to date, earned 15 or 20 dollars from surveyspot. (over the course of 6 months or so)

I, too, would like some real feedback from people who have tried highest pay before i give them my money. :) happy surveying.

I found this review.

http://www.high  .info-watch.com/

I joined this company and it was very difficult to use and I recieved nothing. I wrote to them 5 times to ask for my money back guarantee and never heard from them! STAY AWAY!

Does anyone have any experience with the survey site www.bigspot.com? I have seen it advertised on TV.

Thanks.

By Scooter from Grand Prairie, TX

Answers

I would like any info on online surveys. I know that some can cause problems for your PC. I am looking for some good ones to make extra money at home.

Nanabn

Has anyone had results, good or bad, from the online survey sites? Are they too good to be true?

Thanks,
Roz from Victoria, BC

Answers

I do surveys for E-Rewards....and it's awesome. That's how I get all of my magazine subscriptions....free! You have to be a member of one of their cosumers (Blockbuster, Delta, Hertz, etc.), with a valid account number. It may take a week or two before you hear back from them. They have to get approval from whichever consumer you choose. Check it out if you're interested:

www.erewards.com

If anyone else knows of some legit survey sites, please forward them on!!

You shouldn't HAVE to spend money to do surveys, or be a customer. I love thrifty fun. I won a contest and thriftyfun sent me a money order. They are legit! I am so sick of all the surveys that give you the runaround, or you have to buy so much first.

Pinecone Research, Lightspeed Panel, and MyPoints are all legit. I participate in these three an make $5-$10 per month total.

I was wondering. Has anyone ever participated in the get paid to take surveys? It sounds too good. I would like to make some extra money but stay at home for my family (I already work part time). Any advice out there?

Styls29

Answers

I have participated in focus groups a few times. It was easy money. If you meet their criteria and the timing is convenient for you, you can get paid for giving your opinion. There are a few rules and one is that you can only participate every six months, so you won't make tons of money. The most I have ever made for one session is $75. Once I got there last and they already had all the people they needed, but paid me anyway!

I had signed up for some of those surveys and I quite frankly stopped doing them because they took too much of my time. (online). On the other hand, I did do the get paid to surf the web, and got a $30.00 check for doing it for about a month. Only thing is I had quit doing it because they mailed the check 2 months later and I thought they weren't going to pay me. Oh well, slowed down my surfing anyway! ;)

I have several survey sites that do pay out and check does come fairly quick. You just have to fit the right type for their surveys.

-Mabel

By guest client (Guest Post)

I have participated in focus groups and got paid for giving my opinion from every thing from watching a movie to eating pickles and using condoms as much as $150.00. Look in the paper to find these in your area. UCLA does studies, too.

By guest client (Guest Post)

Check out
http://www.craigslist.com" rel="nofollow" target="new">http://www.craigslist.com
for your city and look under etc. jobs for focus groups etc. Also for online surveys I recommend http://www.mysurvey.com" rel="nofollow" target="new">http://www.mysurvey.com and http://www.greenfieldonline.com" rel="nofollow" target="new">http://www.greenfieldonline.com.

I have done surveys online...I even went as far as paying for one of them, to give you a list of them..Thank God it was a money back garuntee, because I never ended up making any money off that one..There is a really cool website..Arlana's Corner..Not only does she have GREAT freebies, but she also has a whole list of paid surveys web addresses...Its a wonderful place to go..Its in yahoo groups i do believe....Some sites, i have made money or got prizes on...Others ya gotta watch out for...I am currently looking for something to do at home, where you dont have to invest alot of money to do, and i am tired of getting ripped off..If anyone knows of anything please let me know..Thank YOU

I have made about $300 in a month by taking online surveys. The secret is you must sign up with every research company you can find. That increases your chances of getting invited to surveys that pay cash. I found a great free site that lists over 400 companies. It's called survey-networks.com, it has the biggest list of sites I have ever seen and it's totally free. So if your curious about the whole survey thing I recommend checking this site out.

http://www.survey-networks.com

http://www.yellowsurveys.com is a great free site! Thanks for the post earlier.

I have recently done a $40 survey from Adobe on Global Test Market, Received Clamato to taste test and Dockers clothing from bzz agent, and done several $3-$8 surveys from Test Spin, Gozing Surveys, NFO My Survey. I made about $150 last month and could have made more but I didn't take all the surveys I was offered. Thye trick is learning how to work the system and how to figure out what they are looking for so that you can qualify for more surveys. For most of the companies I do not fill out the profile. Seems like I get more offers that way.
Here is a good site for paid survey information:
http://www.wahmservice.com

Another great site is: http://www.surveybounty.com

For Canadian Paid Surveys check out: http://www.canadianpaidsurveys.com

Cheers!

Is Inboxddollars.com a legit website or is it a scam?

By cutiepie37 from Dothan, AL

By Jennifer from Tonawanda, NY

Answers:

Survey Sites That Pay

I've had good luck with Opinion Outpost and Surveyhead (slow, but pay consistently). But even if a site pays out as promised, sometimes your demographics just aren't a good fit and you won't get many surveys so it takes months to make payout. I started out signing up for around twenty different places, then just made payout and gave up on the ones that offered the fewest surveys and stuck with the ones that seemed to need my demographic the most. One good place to check for reviews and user comments about different survey sites is http://www.surveypolice.com (04/06/2010)

By MrsRose

Survey Sites That Pay

I joined valuedopinions.com. Once you reach $20 (one survey can run from about .50 to $3.00) then I order a prepaid VISA card which should take 28 days to arrive, but these past couple of months I have had to wait 2 months. You can also get a $20 Amazon.com code. I joined many other survey sites, but this one seems to be the best. (04/08/2010)

By cbrokenshire

Survey Sites That Pay

I have not found any that pay, and usually they are a waste of time. Also be careful what info you give out. You may also find you are getting more than your share of junk mail. Also the sites which promise you something free, but you have to buy, or request information are a big rip off. Good luck. (04/11/2010)

By Amandablue

Survey Sites That Pay

Well survey sites are the good way of earning money. There is a great option of online moneymaking sites. Here is a list at: http://esurveysites.blogspot.com (05/30/2010)

By picnikk

Does anyone know any survey sites that really pay for filling out surveys?

Pam from Georgia

Answers:

Survey Site That Pay

Pinecone Research pays $5 per survey, but they only accept new people once in a while.

Lightspeed Panel lets you earn points that can be redeemed for paypal cash or gift cards.

Mypoints.com lets you earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards.

You can't expect to make a living this way, but I guess every little bit counts. I probably make about $10 per month through these survey sites. (03/22/2007)

By Allison

Survey Site That Pay

Try mysurvey.com. Right now I have $86.00 in my account. That has taken like 4 to 6 months to get. No, I can't make real living money but I do get lots of samples and freebies and coupons. I have been able to use the freebies as presents many many times so therefore I didn't have to buy anything. (03/22/2007)

By sandy63

Survey Site That Pay

I'm in the UK but Pinecone is very good if you can find one of their banners. They paid £4 in vouchers for surveys. I also do Mutualpoints and have just had my first £20 but it took ages for me to collect the points. (03/23/2007)

By Februarycat

Survey Site That Pay

I have tried these and think they're all garbage. (03/23/2007)

By nsfreemovie

Survey Site That Pay

Stanford University does surveys and they give you points each time you complete one. I think you can turn the points into cash. Sorry, I can't remember the website address. (03/23/2007)

By Jantoo

Survey Site That Pay

Surveyspot.com is pretty decent. They have cash and contest surveys. I've gotten a couple hundred over the last year from them. (03/27/2007)

By cfbandit

Survey Site That Pay

Send me your email address and I'll send you the Free ones I do and get checks in the mail from them. (03/27/2007)

By mobo

Survey Site That Pay

Thanks, could you please email them to me at pamwil88 AT yahoo. com. (03/27/2007)

By pam

Survey Site That Pay

I love inbox dollars. It is a really neat site. I do a survey a day at 1 each, I get paid for using a search tool, and the site is way cool. I make about 30 a month from surveys, paid emails and searching.

The site is http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=latte4me2day. (06/03/2007)

By jennifer(the java junkie)

Survey Sites That Pay

Try this website http://www.freebuckssite.com/?ref=606 They will pay you under 24 hours provided that you have made over $0.50 by doing their surveys. Trust me, they really do pay you and you won't have to wait weeks for payment. (10/20/2008)

By Cole

Has anyone tried those places on line where you get paid to do surveys? Are they on the up-and-up, or are they a scam like the old envelope-stuffing one?

Mom2fur from Long Island, NY

Answers:

Making Money at Home with Online Surveys

I wish you much success. I spent almost a year doing a dozen surveys nearly daily. I earned "not one red cent". I have now canceled all of them and am spending my survey time doing other things that are enjoyable, even if not bringing in extra money. I'm sure there are some out there that would send a few dollars, but I am not searching for them. I'll take a walk in the sunshine with my puppy instead. Best of luck. (05/28/2005)

By MamaJude

I agree with the others. I do do these surveys from time to time, and I have gotten paid for a few. For others, I have been able to test products, and that's been fun, but frankly, even for the ones where I have gotten paid, (and that's through accumulating points,) the amount I have been paid for the time I have put in is so little that the hourly pay would be incalculable.

It's really time consuming, frustrating, and often extremely invasive. You'd be better off delivering newspapers to get extra money. I have done that, and you get exercise from walking, and you get paid. The drawback there, is that you have to get up so early. There are other ways to make money at home. Babysitting, pet sitting, starting your own home based business, the possibilities are limitless.

But don't start doing surveys with the hope of getting paid for it, because you will be lucky if you make 50 cents an hour for your labor, and that would be the higher end of what you could expect. These surveys take a lot of time, and when I have gotten paid, I have had to accumulate 1000 points, and that has taken a tremendous amount of time, just to get $10. So unless this is something you want to do largely for fun, you are going to come away from this whole endeavor feeling horribly exploited and incredibly ripped off. (05/29/2005)

By skbeal

Sign up for mypoints.com. You don't get money, but you do get points for taking surveys, buy products you would buy on line anyways and other things. I promise, this is totally worth it. I have received more gift cards for Chili's and other places. I hate to spend money on a dinner out, but now I can use my gift cards. (05/29/2005)

By Donna

I enjoy doing surveys in my spare time. I earn from $10 to $250 a month in cash/products/giftcards depending on what kind of surveys are offered. I usually do 2 a day, sometimes more.

Mypoints, e-rewards, and ICOP are my favorites. Don't pay for the surveys. There are good companies out there who offer cash or points or products to get your opinion, they won't charge you to join.

I actually won a $500 sweep from one of the survey places, but usually only $25 a couple times a year.

You won't get rich, but you will get to help companies provide the products we will enjoy using.

Love and Prayers,
Linda (02/15/2006)

By lindaljh1

I like NPDOR, Your2Cents, and SurveySpot. I've gotten money and/or prizes from all three. Not a lot, but every little bit helps, right? (02/15/2006)

By tedsmom

I actually paid $35.00 to do surveys. I did about 10 or so a day. I was promised points only. After 6 weeks I gave up on all of them. At the time another woman who was so disgusted with surveys, started her own website stating how she was duped into spending $35.00 and received nothing. Be warned. $35.00 is a lot of money when you're trying to make a few dollars. God Bless. Juanita (02/15/2006)

By Juanita

homescansignup.com

This is the sign up page for Nielsen. They don't pay you in money, they have a gift catalog.

It involves time to scan every purchase you make. (02/17/2006)

By Linda

The Nielson group also has a Media Panel which I belong to. It pays you so much a week for wearing a device to monitor what you listen to on the radio or watch on TV. I think I got the invite for this panel because I do the homescan for purchases. They pay you $2 a week for wearing it and, depending on the points you accumulate during the day it can be more. They send monthly checks. It is always at least $5, but I have gotten $13 before. (02/18/2006)

By Linda

I tried many different survey sites and never got paid by a single one. I cannot even think of the amount of surveys I have taken, so much time wasted. A few of the times I even emailed asking where my money or gifts were and received no response. I believe it is a scam. Some of them were recognized companies and I never got anything. (02/18/2006)

By Sarah

online surveys rewards tv.com

Most of the surveys have companies they want you to buy from. I skip those, but rewardtv.com is cool because you just ask questions about your favorite shows your watch the night before and win points. Every time you play your enter to win 3000 dollars. It's fun and you also redeem your points for wonderful gift cards from different companies. (04/13/2006)

By Mary